Respected Contributor

Re: How Have Your Grooming Habits Changed Since COVID?

I do less eye makeup. Often skip eyeliner and rarely use eye shadow. Mascara and eyebrows only. I wear spf Foundation as feel that is essential protection and covering discolorations. A quick dab of blush and lipstick on  rare occasions, as does not work well with mask wearing.

I go longer with putting up with hair roots as got used to wearing a baseball cap when  I could not get a haircut.  I seem to still grab a hat.

I let my gel nails go and now only wear clear nail strengthener. A week ago  I got a Pedi and will continue  this again as they do a better job with toe cuticles.

Honored Contributor

No makeup because I like to keep my masks' interiors fresh and nice (what I mean is no makeup stuck to them).

It isn't easy getting rid of makeup.  

Also, my hair is very long now.  It must grow fast.  From shoulder length to much, much longer.

It's light brown, slightly grey 'highlights' running through. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

No, as a matter of fact, I make sure to shower and get dressed nicely every day, even if I don't go anywhere. It makes me feel good. In these times when so much is beyond our control, it helps to control the things we can. Appearance is one of them.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Grooming? Probably don't trim my beard as meticulously as when I was meeting people ice skating. Always met more on the Sunday skates as they were Family Skates. A family of 4 cost $10, which included skates and a soft drink. For a 2 hour skate, pretty cheap.

That's the only grooming that is a little different. Since I go out now only once a month? I don't wear my skating clothes, so that's different.

That's about it. Now you knew I would put something here didn't ya?  😎

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut I'm sure you look fine every where you go.  Guys have the luck of being "wash and wear"!!!

Now, if you had said you didn't bother with eye makeup any more I'd wonder for sure!!!!!

Back at ya!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have been to the beauty shop twice so my hair is good.  We use to travel but of course not now.  In the summer I would always get pedicures but I haven't done that since March.

I haven't painted my fingers or toes. I always wear sneakers to the grocery store.

I always keep up on my skincare.  And I can't stand having hair on my legsWoman Very Happy So shaving is a must.

I wear a t-shirt and shorts every day year round when I'm home.

I did tell my husband when I was getting ready to go to the grocery store "Well, one good thing about wearing a mask, I don't have to wear much make-up".

He said "Your glass is always half-full".

Honored Contributor

Well I decided to not become Crystal Gayle and I had my mom, who is a licensed hair dresser, chop my hair off while she is in town.  She gave me a reallly cute layered bob just perfect for my curly hair.  Decision made.  Smiley Happy