Occasional Contributor

Anyone else play an intsrument?

I thought it would be fun to share! I used to play the clarinet in school, but now i've been learning how to play the bass guitar and piano. Playing music is one of things that make me happy in life Smiley Happy.

If you don't play anything currently, is there an instrument you would want to learn?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else play an intsrument?

[ Edited ]

HI!

I played the trumpet for over 30 years in orchestras mostly and some outdoor theater.

I loved it.

I played the drums, (snare and bass), and clarinet in a marching band also.

I fooled around on the piano in college when I wanted to get away and play out all my troubles. My mother had us take lessons when we were younger and I really didn't like the piano that much then. My sister was much better than me on that.

I played the guitar by song book. Never really that good on that.

If I could have added any I always thought the harp was so beautiful and would have like to try it.

I love watching cello players, so soothing, and also watching a harpist.

My best friend played the clarinet, also my college roommate.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Glad to hear others enjoyed the clarinet. I for one, disliked it immensely.😝

played organ and piano and guitar, but really wanted to learn harp and bagpipe.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too played the clarinet for 6 years in school and enjoyed 

playing, wish I stuck with it. I went on to dance was  a very good dancer, tap and ballroom..

Honored Contributor

Piano.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@dancing 522queen wrote:

I too played the clarinet for 6 years in school and enjoyed 

playing, wish I stuck with it. I went on to dance was  a very good dancer, tap and ballroom..

I LOATHED clarinet, and I almost got trapped into playing it as my college major, but by the Grace of God and some sweet coincidences, I wound up with a wonderful professor who told me that if I did as exactly what he told me to do vocally, he could make a singer of me, and he did!

It didn't hurt my case that the clarinet teacher I'd been assigned had told the department chair that if he had to keep me on his student list he'd resign.

Playing euphonium (tenor tuba) has been the bright spot of my lock in, and I'm looking forward to band and lessons starting again.

Esteemed Contributor

Being a music ed major, we underwent torture....er, I mean, training in all the instruments. At least you could carry those around! My main instrument was piano.

Then, all of a sudden there was this harp sitting in the living room! My DH wanted to take lessons. He loved music and could play bass violin.

Well, he never got past "Hot Cross Buns." Meanwhile, I was hooked! More like enraptured!

Determined to get my own harp, I went out of state to teach in the inner city. (At the time, it was the quickest way to earn $$.)

I got good enough to play in the community orchestra, and for many weddings and other events.

So, piano, organ (which is a whole 'nother ball game) and harp.

Honored Contributor

I never did and never wanted to lol

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Played the flute in high school and have played "at" the piano, though not very well (even though a piano sits in my living room).

Respected Contributor

I play a mean kazoo. Seriously, some family members have musical talent, but I'm not one of them. I specialize in providing the applause.