Contributor

I don't want to come across mean and if you delete my post, then you should tell whoever should know this.   I have been a QVC shopper for over 20+ years, but slowly fading.  I got hooked when Lisa Robertson was one of the hosts.  She was so eloquent and the models and her made the show fun to watch while shopping.  There are a couple hosts left that I still enjoy watching (Carolyn, Leah) and I feel are honest when selling you items and more informative regarding sizing and fit of items.  There are a couple (Courtney and Shawn) that have become increasingly annoying and honestly, are poor hosts.  I'm not sure how you decide who you keep and who you let go QVC, but you have chosen wrongly in some.  I guess it's good for me, because now I'm not spending thousands and thousands of dollars, but it's sad that this has happened.

Super Contributor

Lisa was for sure one of a kind.   I really enjoyed her too.

I do however really enjoy Courtney.    She is fun and real.    I especially love her with Kim and Amy, Kim's friend.      

Respected Contributor

@Memebell 

Who is Kim?  I don't know any host named Kim.

Super Contributor

I agree.   They let some go that were better than some they kept.

Super Contributor

@maximillian     She's not a host....Kim Gravel. 

Honored Contributor

My take on this is that QVC keeps the host's that are selling and making them money and they let those go who are not producing.

They don't care If posters on the forums complain about the hosts or don't like them.

Only the bottom line matters to them.

Super Contributor

@Suzyq1 When Lisa was there, I watched as many of her shows as I could.   It was fun and enjoyable to shop as well as just watching even if I did not need anything.  After she left, I really did not tune in to QVC as much.  Currently, I have not ordered anything since February of last year.  That was only for 4 of Isaac's tops.  I have set my DVR so that I do not miss any of his shows.  I am with you, I have saved lots of money too after she resigned/retired.

Super Contributor

I think Courtneys personality has changed since her surgery.  I liked her before she had it done.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My take on this is that QVC keeps the host's that are selling and making them money and they let those go who are not producing.

They don't care If posters on the forums complain about the hosts or don't like them.

Only the bottom line matters to them.

That is what their investors expect. The goal is to make as much money as possible. Isn't that what most businesses strive to do?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Suzyq1    It's all about sales.  The two hosts you mention are highly valued by QVC because they are popular, especially with younger viewers, and have high sales.  People have different ideas about the qualities a host should have and many favor the whacky, breezy style of some of the hosts.  Fortunately, there's someone for everyone. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment