Respected Contributor

Have You Quit A Long Time Thread?

I did because I didn't fit in or post the way most did.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Quit A Long Time Thread?

I never started.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom  I find some of those 'private' threads I call them, to be very political. Things posted there would be poofed posted on the normal threads. Seems only the posters on the longtime threads read them.

Honored Contributor

I'm ADD, no patience for this stuff.  The few times I've checked on these interminable threads, they are way off subject.  

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom 

I really can't say I quit any of those types of threads. There are only 1 or 2 that I can think of that I have posted more than a couple of times. One falls in the Wellness Forum  the other being the Sports Forum.

One is restarted on a monthly basis, the other on a Sports Seasonal basis. I did put a post in 1 very long time post. There, I was not so politely, told pretty much, I was not wanted there.

The latter seems more like private communications between a few people. The title of that thread is kinda deceptive, at least to me. It is a topic where I have had my own rough life experiences, but the author of that thread, I guess didn't like or agree with what I had to say or add. So!!!!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

No. I am more a loner. I find that I prefer to "talk" to some people more than others. Plus, I easily tire of chit-chat.

Gosh, who knew I was so charming?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Jackhound Mom 

I really can't say I quit any of those types of threads. There are only 1 or 2 that I can think of that I have posted more than a couple of times. One falls in the Wellness Forum  the other being the Sports Forum.

One is restarted on a monthly basis, the other on a Sports Seasonal basis. I did put a post in 1 very long time post. There, I was not so politely, told pretty much, I was not wanted there.

The latter seems more like private communications between a few people. The title of that thread is kinda deceptive, at least to me. It is a topic where I have had my own rough life experiences, but the author of that thread, I guess didn't like or agree with what I had to say or add. So!!!!

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut I believe one of the posters you are referring to has not been around in sometime.  I think she sort of ran out of ammo, so to speak. . . 

Honored Contributor

I don't follow long discussions.  I do participate when someone has had an extreme loss.

Respected Contributor

I Have not taken part in long discussion threads.  I felt kind of intrusive when I checked one out so just keep to daily topics.

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried to jump into some long threads but it's like I was invisible.  Guess my contributions weren't very interesting. 😂