Respected Contributor

One of the things I have decided to do for Lent is to give up forums/blogs/facebook etc.  So, after today, I will not be a part of this forum family for at least 6 weeks.  I enjoyed sharing topics and opinions with some of you.  I hope all of you stay safe and those who wish to get the covid vaccine find access to it. 

To paraphrase Lester Holt and Jerry Springer......be kind to yourself, and to others.

Respected Contributor

@Travone 

Good call.  I am giving up sweets but your idea is tempting me also!  Some days the posts are downright depressing, here and on Facebook!  Stay safe!

Super Contributor

FYI---Penitential practices are not required on Sundays during Lent (in honor of the Resurrection).  So if your resolve weakens, you can "indulge" on Sundays.:Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

mine is shopping. i already stopped a couple of weeks ago, and will go until easter sunday. gonna be tough!, but that's why i'm doing it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

mine is shopping. i already stopped a couple of weeks ago, and will go until easter sunday. gonna be tough!, but that's why i'm doing it. 

@freakygirl You know what, I should make that my challenge too.  I have been buying too many things that I don't really need.  Though I never do anything for lent, I will this year.  Let the non spending begin (though I did already order something this morning, tee hee)!  Thanks for the idea and good luck to both of us!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

The idea of Lent is SACRIFICE.....not doing something that's "good for you".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@JCath 

That was told to me by my Mother-in-Law; I like that (especially for the sweets!)

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

The idea of Lent is SACRIFICE.....not doing something that's "good for you".

@Desertdi  sometime doing something that is good for you is a sacrifice. 

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi 

True, but we are just having fun here!  And, if you knew how I love to bake and eat it too, it is a real sacrifice!

Valued Contributor

I feel like I've already given up a lot of things this year - my bingo games in particular.  We will be looking forward to your return in six weeks.  Be well.