Honored Contributor

GIFT IDEAS FOR HAIR STYLIST?

[ Edited ]

I'm at a loss. I usually spend between $25-$30...the same as my tip. Last year was a Basso throw that she loved. Since she's a stylist and can probably purchase all perfumes, bath gels, candles, etc. wholesale (& I dislike giving fragrance anyway)...Any ideas? Gift cards seem thoughtless! 

She doesn't wear jewelry to salon, so don't know her preferences or would make her something.

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: GIFT IDEAS FOR HAIR STYLIST?

@Shanus wrote:

I'm at a loss. I usually spend between $25-$30...the same as my tip. Last year was a Basso throw that she loved. Since she's a stylist and can probably purchase all perfumes, bath gels, candles, etc. wholesale (& I dislike giving fragrance anyway)...Any ideas? Gift cards seem thoughtless! 

TIA

when I had a long time stylist I gave some little gifts, but then I just gave a bigger tip at the end of the year.  most people have enough "junk" and can use the money. 

funny thing haven't had a long time one in years 

Respected Contributor

I have never known a hairstylist who does not apprciate cash as a gift.  They do not find it insulting and are very happy to receive it.

Honored Contributor

jmpo

a gift card to a place I like isn't thoughtless 

just need to know where they go

Trusted Contributor

I would give her an extra tip.  I imagine that hair stylists are the same as teachers - they have many clients, if everyone gave them a trinket gift it becomes too much.  My MIL was a teacher, while she appreciated every gift she received most of them she couldn't or wouldn't use.  Everyone can use extra cash.

Honored Contributor

Am checking out a few stores today for maybe a wool/cashmere scarf w/ matching gloves. Gave that to my cleaning lady last year and she seemed happy. You never know. People rewrap and regift.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

jmpo

a gift card to a place I like isn't thoughtless 

just need to know where they go

@jackthebear   If I do gift cards, it's usually Amazon...they have it all.

Honored Contributor

I'm giving mine gloves this year (along with an extra tip).

Esteemed Contributor

I've never had anyone say they didn't like cash or a gift card. I usually give mine a gift card to a steak house. Her husband is a beef eater and she loves fish. They can both get a meal to their liking and be happy. 

Valued Contributor

I've given mine gift cards to Sephora and to Starbucks.