Honored Contributor

Re: For Some Reason I Just Can't Stop Crying

@rms1954 Please take that "just so you know" into your heart and let it give you the power to tell people exactly where to go when they tell you how to grieve and when. NO ONE has the right to do that. They can't deal with grief and it makes them uncomfortable. You can't live your life to make others comfortable, it will destroy you and no one wants that. Carry that poem around with you too.

I recently had a family member tell me that I need to get over the loss of my mother after six years. And he's her son. He's a very sick and abusive person who refuses to get help too, so that makes it easier for me to shrug it off and tell him where to go.

Your decisions about YOUR grief are power, and eventually you will be able to use that power. I am rooting for you and I wish I could just give you a hug.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Just checking in to see how you are doing.

We are always here if you need someone to "talk" to.

Virtual hugs!

(((((rms1954)))))

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Please reach out to family/friends, or go speak with someone! It really does help to just unload 

I hope this passes soon! Thinking of you 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

"Grief, I've learned, is really just love.

It's all the love you want to give but cannot.

All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest.

Grief is just love with nowhere to go."

(Attributed to Jamie Anderson)

@rms1954  You are not alone. Remember to express your love each day to your beloved son either out loud, in a letter, and yes, even in a song.

Someday all the grief will become taken over by only love.

For now let all the grief happen and in your own time you will find the way that is right for you as you continue on.

I wish you peace.💐

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@rms1954 

Virtual hugs!

(((((rms1954)))))

You are so so so kind.  I'm trying but feeling like I'm getting nowhere.  The harder I try to climb out of this deep dark hole, the farther down I'm slipping.  Today I feel like I'm not gonna make it.  I just want to be with him.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@rms1954 

Virtual hugs!

(((((rms1954)))))

You are so so so kind.  I'm trying but feeling like I'm getting nowhere.  The harder I try to climb out of this deep dark hole, the farther down I'm slipping.  Today I feel like I'm not gonna make it.  I just want to be with him.  

You are in the throes of grief right now. Please get some kind of help. Call the suicide hotline and they will be able to help you.

This is a burden you can’t handle alone. We are here, but you need professional help.

Please do it now. @rms1954 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@rms1954 

Virtual hugs!

(((((rms1954)))))

@rms1954 

I suggest you call your doctor.

Esteemed Contributor

Please come back and let us know you are ok. @rms1954

There is help, and you will get through this. It will not be easy, but you will do it.