Trusted Contributor

Re: ❓❓ For Anyone Who Sells On EBay Please

I used to sell items on eBay but stopped trying a few years ago.  It used to be a great way to sell a few items, then it was taken over by people or companies who had their own eBay stores set up.

If you are only looking to sell a few items - I would recommend Face Book Marketplace or if you use the Nextdoor app in your area sell it there.  That way you don't incur any of the eBay fees.

Honored Contributor

I am an avid Ebay buyer, not a seller. I keep a lot of items in my Watch List, often I will get an email that the seller is making me a special offer, I can decline it or accept it. I like this feature, and have gotten a lot of good deals this way. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm an eBay buyer and I'm really surprised to hear about the dishonest buyers!  I had no idea.😮 

My biggest pet peeve with sellers is that so few of them list the dimensions of their products.  I collect porcelain flowers and I can't tell you how many people don't mention the size (height, width.)  If I'm interested in a piece I have to send a message to get the information.  Also, SO many poor pictures--too dark, blurry, can't even discerne the colors of the item.   Being a jewelry freak, I often buy jewelry, too, and it is the same issue--poor pictures, poor descriptions. I've gotten to the point of not even asking for more information on an item if I can't really see it well.

Esteemed Contributor

You do not have to accept returns on eBay, fyi.  Just check info when you are listing an item.  You can also exclude locations if you don’t want to ship internationally.