Honored Contributor

❓❓ For Anyone Who Sells On EBay Please

I have watched many you tube videos, read about selling tips and searched for the best information. 

All these people have conflicting information.

Please, would you share some of your best information and tips with me? 

I need to pay my medical bills. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ❓❓ For Anyone Who Sells On EBay Please

I don't sell, but I buy.

Expect some people to be shy about buying from a new seller. In time we develop "favourite" sellers because they show they can be trusted.

Post lots of pictures of what you're selling, every side, clear and well lit.

You'll be trusted faster if you don't look like you're trying to hide a flaw.

If you sell new, still sealed H&B items, remove the screw cap and take a shot of the intact manufacturer's seal.

Before buying, I usually email the seller to ask if the item in the photo is the actual item they'll ship to me.

Why?

Some use stock photos, or take one picture when they have many of the same thing to sell. Dodgy sellers show the best one but ship the dinged-up one, and experienced buyers are wary of this.

If your selling something new and unopened, state that clearly. Sometimes an outer box is damaged but the bottle inside is fine. State that.

When you are ready to sell, let us know your seller's name so we can check out your stuff.

And good luck paying those medical bills!! 💰

Esteemed Contributor

Be sure to include "offers accepted".  In one auction I won a lovely pendant (that I thought was priced too high) when eBay contacted me to "make an offer"; which the seller accepted.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes!! Sellers who can't wait forever for just the right price can move things faster with an auction.

Some post a minimum required bid, some don't. There's a specified number of days/ hours to bid.

One of my happiest buys was thru an auction. I was the only bidder, so clearly there wasn't much demand for this seller's item.

But I was thrilled with the price, while she was thrilled to get rid if it, plus make some money.  😁

Honored Contributor

Some say to use Ebay’s shipping labels and other’s use the plastic mailers to cut shipping costs.

Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123 , I know you're seeking replies from sellers.

I think giving a clue about your wares, even just the category, may draw a post from seller or two if they have any experience on eBay in that area.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge 

Thank you 😊 

I have new clothing such as RL pants, Dennis Basso coats, Organic cotton clothing, tank tops, pullover hoodies.

Isomers

Apple WiFi extender (gifted to us)

cotton bedding

new shoes, boots and handbags 

Super Contributor

*items with free shipping are more attractive to sellers. Make sure sure you are getting compensated for the cost. Shipping is expensive.

*when I am selling an item, I put a line in stating “I am unable to accept returns, please ask all questions prior to bidding/purchase”.

* it is paramount your descriptions are accurate. eBay will always side with a buyer if the item is not as described. You would then be forced to accept the return, and pay that charge in addition to refunding the purchase price & original shipping.

* check on eBay for how much items like yours have sold for recently by using advanced search.

*list an item for 7 days to encourage a quick sale. 30 day listings can let buyers think they have time to buy.

*Recently, I’ve started receiving emails advising the seller is offering a special discount (usually 20%) on an item on my watch list. The email is from eBay, to all watchers of the item. I’m not sure how you set that up, but I’ve bought several items from these emails.

good luck!

Respected Contributor

I have an 'early retired' friend who did very well on eBay for a few years several yrs ago.

She and her DH were a team.  She did photos, research, posting and such; he did the books and the packing, shipping etc.

It was MUCH more work than they expected but they enjoyed it and did well.  They stopped after they found as much fraud on the buyer's side as people talk about on the sellers' side.

People reporting items not arriving, or damage etc.  eBay can be very hard on the seller.  Paypal is very quick to refund a buyer's money leaving the seller out of $.

She got so fed up she closed her shop.

If you are serious about investing your time and money you need to do some serious research into realities, fees and work it entails.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@x Hedge 

Thank you 😊 

I have new clothing such as RL pants, Dennis Basso coats, Organic cotton clothing, tank tops, pullover hoodies.

Isomers

Apple WiFi extender (gifted to us)

cotton bedding

new shoes, boots and handbags 

Sorry, it looks like you are just trying to sell off a few dozen items.  My previous post was assuming you were starting an eBay business.

You have nothing to lose by opening an account to sell a few items.  Go for it and good luck!!