Honored Contributor

Re: Fly your flag today

[ Edited ]

@We rescue cats 

Thank you for your service and caring during such a tragedy.

My spouse who recently passed from lung cancer spent 2 years at the WTC site doing clean-up interestingly he never talked about those days or what he saw.

He was honored during a special ceremony for his service.  To this day, I remember how he wept that day as they "relived" the events.

Again, god bless you and help you thru your memory of that day🇺🇸💐

Esteemed Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Flying the flag (every day) is great but spending some time serving your community would be great, too.

@ThinkingOutLoud  Who said they only fly our flag and that's it?

Some fly our flag and some do not.

The point is those who fly our flag are always lectured about community and actions etc. as though they do nothing else.

Yet those who choose not to fly our flag are never given the same.

Do as you will and let others do the same.

Justification for not flying our flag is not needed.

I stand by my post 100%.

Wow! Talk about taking my post out of context. You've obviously been triggered so it would be good for you to look at why and deal with your own stuff. Till then, chill before posting is highly suggested.

@ThinkingOutLoud 

You may not have meant it that way, but your post definitely came across as a slap at the OP.  I'm not "triggered" since I have no personal connection to 911.  Just stating how it your comment seemed to me.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

We are decorated Air Force from Trinity College (Chapel Hill).

American Wave Flag American Flag Wave Close Up for Memorial Day or 4th of July american flag stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@We rescue cats 

Thank you for your service and caring during such a tragedy.

My spouse who recently passed from lung cancer spent 2 years at the WTC site doing clean-up interestingly he never talked about those days or what he saw.

He was honored during a special ceremony for his service.  To this day, I remember how he wept that day as they "relived" the events.

Again, god bless you and help you thru your memory of that day🇺🇸💐

May your husband rest in eternal peace. His sacrifice lives on and he is the epitome of strength and courage.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 .........Im sorry for the loss of your husband.  He must have been a wonderful man.  Bless him for helping with the aftermath of 9/11.  I am sure he is in heaven, God bless you.

Saving time & trouble. If I offend you, I am sorry.