Honored Contributor

Now ebay won't do rebates at this time. 

Things are opening up, this seems a backward step.  I'm waiting for the larger purchases! 

You would think they would try to entice buyers, not discourage them!

Any other sites not participating in rebates where you find items?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: First Amazon.......

[ Edited ]

I would wager that some companies that are no longer doing rebates, are attempting to minimize losses, as they hug their pennies, and restructure. I anticipate soaring prices to be forthcoming as well, as they offer "sales", but am crossing my fingers that Amazon is not one one of them, and does not significantly raise prices on Prime memberships, as I use it almost daily. I wonder if it is the individual sellers on these sites, that are temporarily suspending the rebates.🤔

I agree they SHOULD try to entice us, but some, with the exception of a few, have likely experienced such steep financial losses that any  " enticement" is likely not to benefit us much. 

Sorry, but I don't know of any other sites that are not offering rebates. Thank goodness for easy-pay.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

............and to discourage hoarding and panic buying.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Or they have cut the rebate in half or more of what it used to be. Like .5% is going to be a big rebate?? My rebate bank is dwindling. Most of the time not the major reason I order though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles :  Amazon doesn't have to worry about "minimizing losses" as at this time, they have made money.  Perhaps there is no rebate because Amazon doesn't need to attract additional business.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@SandySparkles :  Amazon doesn't have to worry about "minimizing losses" as at this time, they have made money.  Perhaps there is no rebate because Amazon doesn't need to attract additional business.

Thank you for that excellent perspective, and I agree with you. I mentioned Amazon, because it was mentioned in the title of the thread, and caused me to think of the industry as a whole. Because of the unknowns, I am hoping Prime membership fees are not inadvertently affected.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Thank you for that excellent perspective, and I agree with you. I mentioned Amazon, because it was mentioned in the title of the thread, and caused me to think of the industry as a whole. Because of the unknowns, I am hoping Prime membership fees are not inadvertently affected.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Me too, @SandySparkles. I use Amazon Prime a lot too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@patbz wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Me too, @SandySparkles. I use Amazon Prime a lot too. 

-------------

In this day of  'no contact', I have turned to Amazon and Wal Mart grocery home delivery almost exclusively!!

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone had problems with orders from Amazon taking a lot longer?  I have prime and my last two orders took about 2 to 3 weeks to arrive.

Honored Contributor

I participated in Ebay's program but quit when they went from 2% to 1%.  Plus, I didn't like the code rigamarole you had to go through. I don't do any major program like Rakuten, my computer tech says the spyware isn't good for my computer.  We have a lot of trouble with our ISP to start with.