Honored Contributor

Re: February 2020: Leapin' into the Bird's Nest

Hello all, we got a little snow last night; under 2 inches (I think).  It's pretty cold outside and I think the cold weather is what prompted the birds and squirrels to hustle into my yard early this morning for food.  They hustle, I hustle with the shovel Woman Very Happy  

I cleared the front sidewalks and driveway about 30 minutes ago.  We might get another inch by nighttime.  

The featured show today on H&I is Monk.  Tony Shaloub did such a good job in that series.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Geezerette, precious picture of the Scotties and the  "cat".   Have been busy and not on top of the world. Two good things have occurred after some struggles along the way - my  great great granddughter Bayleigh had a successful kidney replacement. She is 5 years old and is tough. She has suffered with several health problem since her birth. Bless her.

Also my great grandson Davey FINALLY graduated yesterday LONE story but I give him credit - he decided to do that on his own and had gotten no help from anyone - and that was as it should be. Whew - that is done!

Getting cold outside - and I am ready for bed - yes I know it is early but I am happier in bed than trying to do things I find hard to handle these day. Have not given up however.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much tonight.

dh made a delicious chicken salad for tonight's dinner. Plenty of left over for my quick after church meal Saturday night.

not much else guys see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Lucy

Honored Contributor

Our greeting cards are printed on beautiful, premium FSC-approved board. Each card is supplied with a matching white envelope and comes individually wrapped in@Bird mama 

Bernie,   We got some snow and ice, not the 3 to 6 or 7 inches that had been forecast,  but about an inch.   It's cold here, didn't get above freezing today and more snow may be on tap for tomorrow night.   About 30 or 40 miles west of us, along Interstate 70, they got heavy snow, and lots of traffic accidents.  Even the big rigs were pulling off of the road to wait out the heavy snow.   Just didn't make it here, went a bit north. 

My Granddaughter in OK had heavy snow and the fort closed down a lot of activities.   She had to go to the doctor on base this evening along with Kiwi who may have pink eye plus a fever.   One of the sergeants son's he played with had pink eye.  They didn't know it at the time.   They are checking my granddaughter for strep throat.   

I swept snow away from the feeding areas a couple times and had to feed the feathered ones twice today and then put food out for the early morning risers.   I'm glad I picked up extra birdfood on  Tuesday.   

Keep warm and safe,  Everyone!!

Honored Contributor

Scottie with snowy beard.

@Winifred 

Winifred,   Congratulations to Davey on his graduation.   I am really glad for you that he made up his mind to do what was necessary for getting his diploma.    Better late than never. 

I hope Bayleigh makes a quick and complete recovery from her surgery.  So young to have to undergo that, but it's a blessing that this procedure is available to those who need it.  I hope she has smooth sailing from now on and no more problems.  

Stay warm and well.   Going in to sit on the sofa and watch TV for a bit, knowing I'll doze off after a bit.  Kinda need and enjoy those naps!Heart

Honored Contributor

An "Eagle"  tree in Missouri 

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: food

Honored Contributor

10 Friday Morning Quotes For The Holidays

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not being on here lately.  Between doctors appointments and physical therapy it has been hectic around here.  Also we are planning a surprise 50th birthday party for our daughter.  We decided to push the party date up hopefully surprise her.  Her birthday is April 1st and the party will be on Feb. 29th. Lot so do and so little time.  I am trying to write out the invitations but cannot do them  for long periods of time but need to let the place the party will be at in time to order the food.  My sis and BIL are helping a lot along with my husband.  My BIL works at the hotel where the party is to be at so that is a big help. He made a lot of the arrangements for us and brought home the menu's so that we can decide what we want to do. 

I went to PT today and then came home and started writing out the invitations and my back, neck and shoulders are acting up again. 

Went to see the Rheumatologists yesterday and she is doing more blood work to see if I actually have Lupus.  It could just be that my blood work previously was coming up showing I have Lupus but it could be the Crohns instead so we shall see.  Since I have a compromised immunity system I wore a mask at the hospital.  I sure did get a lot of glares and looks. 

The weather was bad yesterday.  It started out early in the morning as snow and after 2 in. it changed to freezing rain.  It continued on and off throughout the day but they pre-treated the roads and it was not bad driving wise.  It is to be worse this morning and throughout the day.  I would rather have all snow then ice and wind.  They are predicting power outages. 

Well it is time for me to go and rest and put some heat on this body.  I will try to post when I can.

@Bird mama

It sounds like you had much of the same weather there.  Bet you are glad that you do not have to go to work! Stay safe and warm!

@possummink 

Sorry to hear that your brother is having trouble breathing.  I hope that they get to the bottom of it all!  Thank you for all your great pics.  I loved the piggy one!  All are beautiful!

@mousiegirl 

Wow, if I had to take a test for my drivers license renewal I would probably fail.  I have not taken the test since I was 16. My husband wants me to go and get the real ID license and I heard that they need a ton of paperwork and the lines are very long!  Not for me right now because of my leg and back issues.  He changed his when his was up for renewal and I went the same time as his but we had just moved into our condo and I needed proof that I lived her , like a bill or something.  I had nothing at that time so I did not do mine. 

Waving high to all the birders!!!  Everyone stay warm and safe!!!

Have a nice Friday everyone!!!