IMG_3008 (2) (400x300).jpg

Finley discovered the bar stool holding the peace lilly

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: February 2020: Leapin' into the Bird's Nest

hey all

not much here.

tonado did touch down about 30 miles from us. we have had bad weather this morn all since 10am. that cold front is causing havoc. dh had to shelter in place the tornado came within a mile or two from his plant. plant had to be shut down all equipment had to be turned off and shelter in place at some kind of ww1/2 barracks. this use to be a munitions making place for WW1 and 2. it was fixed up and make into maufacturing.

I did get my walk in this morn, it was not raining when i took the walk, coming down in sheets now and winds are howling. temps are falling fast suppose to go to 20 tonight, high of 60 falling to 20. wow

anyway that has been my morn. later guys

Honored Contributor

Ohhh @viva923  those radical increases/decreases in temperature always cause some kind of havoc.  Strong winds scare me no matter the season and last month we had warm weather that was clashing with a cold front and the weather people kept going on and on about the snow and potential for freezing rain.  All I worried about was the winds that were making the cold front and the warm front clash together.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvsbulldogs   I am sorry to hear of your health issues, seems there is always something in life.  I say to myself when something happens, what next.

I had an appointment at the DMV, and didn't have to wait long in line, it was sitting for an hour waiting to be called for my vision test that was boring.  I no sooner sat down after using the restroom, had been holding it, lol, than I was called.

The written test is on computer, and only eighteen questions are asked, many more for someone getting a license for the first time.  I studied and took practice tests online, free, from the 2020 handbook, but the one question I missed was not in any tests, and I second guessed it, if not, I would have received 100.  

I began putting the gingerbread display away yesterday, not too much left, but the Easter/Spring will take a while and I like to have it up by March.  I bought quite a bit of new faux florals, all pastels as that is how I think of Easter, and I only use white bunnies then, brown bunnies for summer, though I have a pair of light grey and white that I used at Easter last year.

I took the kitchen tree down weeks ago as it arrived just before Christmas, and I only had time to decorate it lightly so was not happy with it, so down it came.  It is larger than the previous which died as we were setting it up, so now I will either decorate it in gingerbread ornaments or candy instead of both, though this coming Christmas it may a silver theme, did that in 2018 and loved it.  Since DD came, I wanted to use the gingerbread as she remembered it from years past.

This year I have to have the bathrooms remodeled as the plumbing in one is shot, probably in all as it is the original.  We are using the sink and shower in one, and the toilet in the other now.

No fancy bathrooms, just new.  I am going to do it myself as all I will have to do is decide on tile or vinyl, what tile in the showers, pick a bathtub, there is only one in the house so I think I should have one in case potential buyers have kids, there is also a shower in it, and sinks, cabinets, and toilets, etc.  My problem is finding a good contractor, they all want to build houses, not the little jobs.  I have been kicking myself for not having it done when I did the kitchen, as I talked about it with the contractor.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Oh how adorable your feathered family is!   Thank you so much for the great pictures!!!  They are all so sweet looking! 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

When something happens I too say to myself "what next". 

Your house must have looked beautiful for Christmas!  It sounds like you enjoy decorating......I do too!!! 

I also love remodeling and updating!  The fun part is the picking and choosing but the mess when it is being done is not so nice!  Have fun with your remodels!  Also enjoy decorating your house for Easter and Spring! 

Will be looking for pics.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@hellie jo   As you requested here are January 2020 pics of the birds

IMG_3000 (2) (400x300).jpg

Grayson chilling

IMG_2991 (2) (400x300).jpg

Presto (blurry she was moving fast)

@Bird mama   Wonderful!  Finley looks like a figurine, Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

hey all

An EF 1 tornado did touch down today in my area. Confirmed by weather service NOAH.

winds still high and very cold outside. My afternoon walk i finished up in sleet/snow flurries.

well guys that is all for now, see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

Cardinals in snowy Missouri.   We got some more snow tonight and more to come next week,  I hope.   

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@hellie jo   As you requested here are January 2020 pics of the birds

IMG_3000 (2) (400x300).jpg

Grayson chilling

IMG_2991 (2) (400x300).jpg

Presto (blurry she was moving fast)

@Bird mama   Wonderful!  Finley looks like a figurine, Smiley Happy.

@Bird mama 

Bernie,   Thanks for posting these pictures of your feathered babies.  They are looking awesome.   I am so glad Finley is yours.   She really lucked out by having you find and care for her.    Grayson looks so content.   And Presto looks perky,  just like the little feathered ones at my feeders.  Heart