QVC Customer Care

Re: FIRST HAND LOOK AT HOME SCHOOLING

Contributor

Jewel22 there is no school because we are in a pandemic,  until we all do our part and get our shots HELLO 

Contributor

Jewel 22 you are a real gem for sure, not sure where you live but every state is different and better safe then sorry, children bounce back and they will survive, sounds like you have had no family or friends or neighbors who have died or got sick from this virus where many of us had you just can't go back to business as usually like nothing has happened , you really need to get the FACTS !!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

Not necessarily talking about your grandchildren as I obviously do not know them. A study came out this week where the"  average" children that do zoom learning will be 5 months behind. What about the poor kid that lives some place in the south and he does't have a computer. He uses his mother's phone which does not get great reception. My original question is why is there no school.

@Janey2 

A study from where?  I didn’t see it.

Are there any poor kids who don’t have a computer some place in the north?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

This "zoom" schooling is doing an injustice to our children. Why aren't your grandchildren in school? Children need to be in front of a teacher, in person. Children need to socialize with other children. They will be hard pressed to catch up with those who attended school all year. So sad.

My youngest granddaughter is 16 and a sophomore in HS.  She goes to school in person two days a week and is home on the PC three days.

Today I got a message that in school learning is cancelled until Monday...the reason, four people at her school have COVID.  They need the school to be free of students and staff until they sanitize everything.

In the same school district, the middle school has two students with COVID. In most of America, children are in school a few days a week and home for a few days as well.

Because COVID is still going around and is in school, it is impossible to have these children in school full time.

in case you are forgetting, the safety of the children is the number one priority...always.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

All children should be in school. What they are doing to our children by keeping them out of school is child abuse. Plain and simple. Some posters  here clearly do not have the facts and it is shameful what they are spewing on these boards. 

Respected Contributor

@barbie4njdevils  I am well aware of the facts and how the virus affects children. And yes I had 3 family die from this horrible virus.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe  All you have to do is look up the statics about learning, but I will state one. There is an article at abcnews.go.com entitled "Pandemic 'Learning Loss' grows as schools race to open". It States based on Center for Research on Education Outcomes at Stanford University" Stanford researchers estimate the average American student has already lost half a year of learning in reading and overall a full year of learning in math since the pandemic began."

The reason I stated "south" was because I was relating an anecdote I heard about what a little boy in the " south" is going through trying his best to keep up. The story only gave his location as south.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

All children should be in school. What they are doing to our children by keeping them out of school is child abuse. Plain and simple. Some posters  here clearly do not have the facts and it is shameful what they are spewing on these boards. 

I think that is "shameful" to "spew" alternate facts. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky