Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   It sounds like you had a wonderful time.  What a good idea to celebrate early.

Cherish the time you have with your parents. I wish mine were still here.  Mom has been gone for 42 years and Dad for 27.  I miss them both.

Respected Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles   Sorry for you loss.  Our first Father's Day without SO's father.  I'm grateful to have my dad, he's 86.  Hard to watch them becoming frail, but blessed to have him.  

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@SaveTheTurtles   Sorry for you loss.  Our first Father's Day without SO's father.  I'm grateful to have my dad, he's 86.  Hard to watch them becoming frail, but blessed to have him.  

Thank you very much. I'm glad yours is still with you. It's a blessing for sure. It seems that once they start going downhill the slide is rather fast.  I'm also sorry for your loss, I hope your SO is doing ok today.

Honored Contributor

Lost my dad when I was 17, so many more people out there are lucky to have living parents. We rarely eat out.  I'm going out to eat next week because it's our anniversary.  So casual eating we don't do.  Not even fast food.  Haven't been to a McDonald or whatever for the past 3 years. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
I took my parents out for lunch Sat instead of actual Father's day.We had Mexican food and a 🍓 cake 🍰. All was delicious. All of us 5 kids are planning his 90th birthday party the end of July
He definitely has slowed down which is very hard for us kids to see.They both still drive and live independently in their home.I see them regularly because they both are avid readers so they come to the library where I work

I hope everyone has a good work week

@Luvsmyfam   Sounds like a wonderful day and such a gift to still have both parents and see often.

Valued Contributor

I don't eat out.

The food is ****** and the prices are insane.

You have no idea the low level nutrition put out by eating out.

Respected Contributor

@katie1859EATING OUT HASNT KILLED ME YET

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   Same here and I'm old...  

Honored Contributor

Cherish each and every day with them. I lost my Mom last year at age 91, and my dad 12 years ago at age 87.

They both were still in their home, but not driving anymore. I spent a lot of time with both and I am so glad I had that time with them.....

You are very Blessed!! Happy Early Birthday to your Dad! 

Respected Contributor

We all went out for Father's Day. Dear husband,children and great grandchildren. Really nice. A lady at another table called me over and said how much she enjoyed watching the two great grandchildren and all as a family. One is extra busy. We all enjoyed the day.