Honored Contributor

I think dreams are just an over active mind playing itself out. When I dream it usually involves people I don't know. I think we come in contact with people and situations that we ignore, but the brain stores and may play out in our dreams.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@rms1954   So you know, I'm taking you very seriously.  Dreams can be funny as in odd funny.

I don't necessarily look at them as predictions of the future however when I have a scary kind of dream where I am in jeopardy I will take extra care when I am out an about.  I figure as long as it doesn't make me paranoid, extra care can't be a bad thing.

After my husband died, ironically on the same night that I my sister also dreamt of him (we matched down to what he was wearing in each dream), my sister had a dream that my husband was in the house and pointed to a man outside of the window who was talking to me in the front of the house.  My sister said she looked out the window in her dream in the direction that my husband was pointing and my husband told my sister that the man I was talking to was a threat.  My sister could describe this unknown man to a "T" and I never did figure out who the dark haired man was that was a threat.  It's been years and I find myself extra careful even now with dark haired men. 

I'm not making a joke. 

It has to be somewhat unsettling for you to have such a clear image of a man who killed you in your dream and you don't know this guy.

I think you were wise to always take extra care.  Thank you for understanding.  I do think there is something to be said of certain dreams -- just not sure what it is though.

Respected Contributor

When I have a bad dream I can usually tie it into something I saw, heard or thought about during the day.  I am very careful about what I watch on tv..,,,I do watch the news, but avoid all those "true life" crime shows, specials about things like the Manson murders, and violent movies.  I stick to reruns of shows like Frasier, Johnny Carson, Facts of Life....you get the picture!  The only crime shows I will watch are more mellow ones, like Murder She Wrote or Colombo!

So many of today's movies and tv shows are full of horrible violence....I don't want that stuff taking up space in my mind in any way!

Esteemed Contributor

When trying to analyze dreams I always ask myself what I was feeling at the time.  They usually represent current feelings about something but in a strange way.

Your focus seems to be on the person.  Is someone or something bothering you in some way?

Other thoughts – do you have pain in any of the areas that were stabbed?  Could this be a health warning about those areas? 

When looking up dreams about nearly dying or dying some things mentioned - -  "the symbolic ending of something, whether that's a phase, a job or a relationship." 

Super Contributor

I have read that It can mean that you want to make a change in your life.

Respected Contributor

I notice if I watch any TV before bed it can effect my dreams, like late news or maybe something during the day. I had a dream David V. (ITKWD) was sitting on my couch and we were talking, he told me his job can be stressful because some of the things he sells he doesn't like. LOL Guess something I saw made me dream this. He was very nice in my dream & was making me laugh. 

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you had such an upsetting dream!  It's probably good that you wrote about it and can get some different opinions about it here.

Are you planning a move or big change in your life?

For the most part my "nightmares" happen when we are/were facing a move with the military.  Relocating in a "nightmare" for me.  That being said I had a sickening dream, here goes;

I'm slowly walking into a cold green tile surgery room.  There are blood spatters on the wall at the head of the gurney of the naked person there.  It is a woman with about an 8 inch incision a few inches below her navel and spatters form that cut all over her. Her hands are resting on either side of the cut. When I get closer I can see that it is me and I am dead and I wake!

I am facing some medical issues so maybe that is why I had this awful dream.  Have you had anything that made you feel unsafe?

Let's pray that we don't have the dreams ever again!  Blessings to all!