Respected Contributor

Do you dress up for holidays or put on your stretchiest leggings?

I usually dress up, don't get to do it too often. Staying home due to the virus so it might just be PJs. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you dress up for holidays or put on your stretchiest leggings?

Other than Mass on Christmas - I do dress for church, I"m not going anywhere - so just ordinary everyday clothes.

I'm in and out of my apt. all day - so I do get dressed decently everyday.

Respected Contributor

Not staying home, seeing my whole fam, and dressing to the nines, like I usually do.

19 isn't changing the holidays for us.

Honored Contributor

We did when I was growing up and when we went to my in-laws but in our home we're very much "come as you are". 

Respected Contributor

Usually my brother is down here from Canada for the winter and I'd dress up a bit. Since he isn't and it is just DH and me, I'll probably not put on anything special.  

Respected Contributor

True story.  When I first visited my soon-to-be-husband's family on Christmas, I wore stretchy clothes, because that is what my family has always done.  He picked me up at my house that day, wearing a jacket and tie!  He took one look at me, and asked me what was I wearing . . . Christmas is dress up time in his famiily!   Did not have enough time to change, so that is what I wore to my first Christmas with the in-laws-to-be.  No one said a word -- too polite.  But I did dress up the follolwing year.  

Now, 22 years later, I still wear stretchy clothes with my family and dressy clothes with his side.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

True story.  When I first visited my soon-to-be-husband's family on Christmas, I wore stretchy clothes, because that is what my family has always done.  He picked me up at my house that day, wearing a jacket and tie!  He took one look at me, and asked me what was I wearing . . . Christmas is dress up time in his famiily!   Did not have enough time to change, so that is what I wore to my first Christmas with the in-laws-to-be.  No one said a word -- too polite.  But I did dress up the follolwing year.  

Now, 22 years later, I still wear stretchy clothes with my family and dressy clothes with his side.  

Haha! Loved this story. Thanks for sharing 

Honored Contributor

Neither.  I'll wear my dressy jeans and a nicer shirt or sweater, but I wouldn't call that dressing up. And my jeans aren't stretchy.  I hate stretchy jeans; they won't stay in place.

Honored Contributor

I prefer to dress up a little...the holidays are special and I think it should show in how we dress.

Honored Contributor

Normally yes for Thanksgiving but not this year since it will just be myself and my son's family.  Maybe next year we will be back in the close to 20 people range and we will dress better.  This year with two grandchildren as my table mates I will dress accordingly, sweats that move easily.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."