Honored Contributor

Another no....only when necessary.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a "thumb text" user, but pretty quick with my keystrokes. I prefer to ask a quick question via text since the answer is usually a lot quicker, too (no need for the social graces!) when it's family or close friends. 

If it is going to be a real conversation, I always phone the other person OR ask them to call me (rather than use texts). 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I'm like several of you.......I spent a career answering the phone in an office and would prefer email or instant message (facebook) to text or phone call. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like texting at all.  I rarely do it.  I prefer e-mails.  Some people will not even respond unless you text.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Yes, all of the time! 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

i text a lot and prefer it. i'm not a big talker. 

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal I do text a lot.  Convenient and a time saver.  I have a sister who doesn't and prefers to talk on the phone, like hour long conversations.  That I don't like.  I spent a lot of time on the phone in my career and came to hate it.

Honored Contributor

I text very little, prefer a phone call or email!

FALL - Free animated GIF

Honored Contributor

Not at all.

Respected Contributor

In general I don't use my cell phone all that much.  I know shocking!  We do not have good conductivity at our home so at home I am only able to use my cell phone to facetime my DD.  Outside my home I use my cell phone for directions and playing music.  I only occassionally use it to text or make a call.