Honored Contributor

Re: December 2021 Holiday Season at the Back Fence

@hellie jo 

Hellie, I am sincerely sorry for your family and the extended family.  You know I'm in SE Michigan and as a resident of Macomb County I can tell you that we are deep, dark blue on the map on this page for a reason Woman Frustrated

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/

I can say this with confidence because the statistics back it up - folks in my county have never taken this pandemic seriously, sigh.

I talked about it more in the Bird's Nest thread - we had exposure in my youngest (of 2) niece's house last week.  She was exposed, her daughter (aged 10) was exposed and felt rotten on Friday, better on Saturday and still not completely well on Sunday.  Niece's fiance exposed last week to guy who looked rough at work and is now hospitalized with covid.  I don't know how that guy is doing.  Niece refuses vaccine for herself and her daughter and fiance refuses vaccine.  They all came down with covid in May of this year.  My niece had received her first vaccine and got sick a couple of days ahead of her second vaccine appointment.

None landed in the hospital - then again - it was the UK variant at the time and I can't believe I'm saying that U.K. was the easier variant compared to Omicron.  

I will pray for your daughter and grandchildren to have a speedy recovery.  I'm scheduled to visit my other niece - aka the niece in the woods that I joke about when it comes to driving up and down the hills.  She and her husband are vaccinated and boosted and her two small children have been vaccinated.  We'll see how that goes and if I have the nerve to remove my mask in her house, lol.  

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

did normal chores,did walks

did hang out today clothes dried pretty good did have to run them 15 min's or so in dryer to take the dampy chill off them to make sure they were really dry, all but 1 small rag and 1 washcloth dried

my mary kay lady husband passed away today from cancer. the doc's found it about 6 months ago,it just ate thru him quickly he was in hospice 2 weeks or less.

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

Aww I'm sorry to read about your Mary Kay lady's husband @viva923   It's never easy to lose someone you love but it really stinks at this time of year.

Honored Contributor

hello all

was going to  hang out today it turned into a damp overcast day with clouds

so dryer got a good work out, sheet day so had big loads today

not much else,did walk, did chores, later guys

Honored Contributor

The sky was clear this morning and I was happy to see what's left of the full moon as I took the garbage out.  Got cloudy at around noon, sigh.  I need to get the wrapping paper and bows together and wrap some presents.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I've got all my wrapping done, now we have to haul it over to our DD's on Thursday. I know we will load up our car and someone at DD's or SIL can unload. I get tired just thinking about it. No more word about the covid from school. Get this, now they are not sure if it was just a kid or a teacher too. I think I need a drink of some kind. It just bugs me to no end.

@Bird mama wrote:

The sky was clear this morning and I was happy to see what's left of the full moon as I took the garbage out.  Got cloudy at around noon, sigh.  I need to get the wrapping paper and bows together and wrap some presents.

Honored Contributor

Yea in Michigan they started to relax how school outbreaks were reported this year @Leeny   I appreciate not wanting to cause a panic however pretending to not see the elephant in the room doesn't make it go away.

Trusted Contributor

was not really bad out today,in the 50's. We don't get much real cold weather till Jan,or feb.

I hand to go get some last minute groceries today,OMG ,Wegmans ,if some of you are not familiar with them,is a huge grocery store,I  guess only on the east coast. There always busy,but the store is so big you don't notice,except for today. It was unbelievably crowded. I practically ran around to get what I needed,land hubby went  in the opposite direction so we could get out. I will not,no matter what it's for venture out again this week! 
tomorrow is cookie day,so the house will smell good all day  😋

Honored Contributor

I have to make a rain to Meijer's today for a few things Epi @Epicurean  It's a good thing that I know that particular location like the back of my hand because I don't need much and I will hot-footin it through the store to get in and out.  My sister baked cookies and send me two large tins full.  Last year she sent me like 5 tins full of different cookies.  She's an excellent baker and there is only so many cookies I can eat.  This year she did it differently and made two varieties for Thanksgiving and two for Christmas.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

got my same ol' stamp out today

did chores

did walk

did 2 loads of clothes,no hang out today have sun shine but had heavy rain overnight and it is a very cold damp very chilly day here

ok guys later.