Honored Contributor

Re: December 2021 Holiday Season at the Back Fence

I thought I saw a thread and I didn't read it yet @Leeny   I am sorry for the employees and the company.  A dear poster from the weekly thread called reformed shopaholics passed away unexpectedly this week.  She and I just got in a discussion about carrying heavy things like dog food, bird seed, etc on Tuesday and we learned Friday that she passed away.  My mind is not right about it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much around me,

did chores,did walk,folded 2 loads of clothes,

it is a windy damp raw day,wind out of nor'east,so off the ocean, the wind is cutting like a knife spitty rain too.

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

It's overcast and cold here today and I'm debating whether or not to order a pizza for dinner.  These are the deep thoughts I have, lol.

Trusted Contributor

it's kind of nice here today Birdmama. Making a chicken casserole Tonight,and have spaghetti sauce cooking in the crock pot. Last night I had to turn the ceiling fan on it was so warm sleeping.

tyring to ,make a cooking schedule for the. Coming, week.m have to make cookies,only two DD will come over to make fudge,a yearly tradition. Also, want to make chocolate cups to put my raspberry mousse in. Some. Veg.I can make ahead. Having a quiet holiday,DD,SIL,SIL'S son and his wife. We will get together with son and family before the new year.

whatever you celebrate I'm wish you all a happy holidays and a happy and safe new year!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Sorry to hear about the poster from the Reformed Shopaholics forum passed away. So much "awful" stuff seems to be going on all at once. You take care Birdie and lets all of us slow down and try to remember to celebrate Jesus's birthday. May peace be with us all.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

I wish you all the best for this Holiday Season and I hope you enjoy all the time you have with your family. Enjoy the fudge and your casserole. I have more cooking to do on Thursday. I decided to take a break for now. 

I just went into our living room and DH has the heat jacked up so I am spending this time in our spare bedroom where the PC is. He's always cold and I am always hot, or at least most of the time.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  When should I watch for my delivery of special goodies Epi?  Everything sounds so delicious Woman Wink

If I don't see you before I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthier New Year. 

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,I don t think most of it would ship very good,but your welcome to come to Va. any time to try it 😁😋

Honored Contributor

Random thought.... I'm watching an episode of Kojak.  I was 11 when the series first came out in the 1970's and I remember as a kid thinking eww this guy is so full of himself, what a blowhard.  In my old age I kinda dig him.  Blast from the past, Paul Anka is in this one.

Respected Contributor

Christmas plans have changed here in SW Mi. We have been hit hard with Covid. My son,grandson and grand daughter all have Covid. They live in different places.My DDIL had a family member die and another one is not expected to live. Our hospitals are almost filled up...80 to 90%. It is worse now than it was at the start of Covid. Needless to say, DH and I will be staying home without family stopping by.Many people have relaxed precautions here. A lot of them had big gatherings at Thanksgiving and will probably have them for Christmas. 

@Bird mama  I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

May you all have a blessed Christmas and be well.