Honored Contributor

Yea or nay. I have been home w/the flu for 8 days (not Covid) and watching TV and see a lot of advertisements for the show. Just wondering!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

Seems too good to be true.

Honored Contributor

Re: DealDashCom

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 The whole thing seems sketchy to me. I wouldn't touch that outfit with a 20 foot pole. Could be stolen merchandise. No way of knowing.

Remember "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is."

No how, no way.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only looked in to Deal Dash, but have never been on the site itself.

Deal Dash is an online auction site like Ebay, but that's where the similarities end.

Unlike Ebay, where it is free to bid on an item, at Deal Dash, you buy what is called a "bid pack". I don't know how much the bid packs go for, so I'll make  up an example. Say you buy a bid pack for $30.00, and in that pack, you get 100 bids.

You are now able to bid on items in the auction with your bid pack. But don't expect to get an 80 inch 4k tv for $10.00.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried this years ago...the site is legit BUT they use timers so you think you are getting close to winning a bid and the timer resets! I could never figure out how many times the timer resets.  I played along thinking the timer was just about up and won an item but it was same price as retail. So, I figured this was a game I didn't wanted to play.

Trusted Contributor

The site is legit but it is basically a Vegas shell game.  The merchandise is not "stolen". It's real.  Years back there were a couple of these sites.  It's VERY VERY hard to "win" anything.  What happens is you are buying "bid packages" (the ability to bid so many times) at what seems like a good price for so many bids, but as another poster wrote, there is a timer and you are bidding against others and before too long you are out of bids and you got nothing.  So you spent $30, $60, $100 plus  and never won anything.  They show you the merchandise and they "bet" that you will get so caught up in bidding that you will keep buying bid packages in an effort to win "something" and you will think "I got an Ipad for $20, when in fact you bought a bunch of bid packages (which winds up being more than the actual cost ot the item).  They basically hope your addiction to gambling will allow them to make a bunch of money.