Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Hello my friends!  My day today went great!  In the afternoon Alyssa had a heart burn spell after the bottle, remember she has Acid Reflux, and so Darla gave her the baby Zantac in her milk, and right away she calmed down and went to sleep!!  Aria was good too, sometimes she doesn't go right to sleep when I put her down, but she doesn't cry, just looks around and talks in her baby language.  When I checked on her, and her eyes were open, I just went to her crib and talked to her and she smiled.  She's so sweet!! They both are.  Later when I checked they both were sleeping.  Yesterday they got their shots too.  Ouch! On both legs.  Was told to give them baby tylonel for the discomfort and that seemed to settle them.

They truly are a blessing!!! Then when we got home, we went out to eat with Gordy and Linda, their turn to buy. It's always a buffet, and not that expensive.

Chicken, potatoes, dressings, gravy, cole slaw on one table, then on the other all salads and soups.  

May God bless our night and our tomorrow!!

When you are wrong, have the courage to admit it because it's the best

way to show that you are wiser today than yesterday. Lord, may I be

humble enough so that even my mistakes make me a stronger and better

person.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me;
for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your
souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  ~Matthew
11:28-30

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

We are so made that we can only carry the weight of twenty-four hours,
no more.  If we weigh ourselves down with the years behind and the
days ahead, our back breaks.  God has promised to help us with the
burdens of this day. If we are foolish enough to gather again the
burden of the
past and carry it, then indeed we can become unnecessarily heavily
burdened.  We can forget that which lies behind us and breathe in the
blessing of each new day.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may realize that, for good or bad, past days have ended.
I pray that I may face each new day, the coming twenty-four hours,
with hope and courage.

Cancer
is limited
~

It cannot
cripple love, 
It cannot
shatter hope, 
It cannot
corrode faith, 
It cannot
eat away peace, 
It cannot
destroy confidence, 
It cannot
shut out memories 
It cannot
silence courage, 
It cannot
invade the soul, 
It cannot
reduce eternal life, 
It cannot
quench the spirit, 
It cannot
lessen the power of the Resurrection.

CAN YOU RELATE?
Author Unknown

I drive into work listening to gospel music or a pre-recorded sermon
on the radio. I get out of the car and walk to the building entrance.

As I open the building door I leave just enough room for me to get in
and I leave Jesus standing outside as the door closes behind me. He's
standing with His palms on the door glass and watches me as I get on
the elevator.

His eyes are sad and He turns and goes to sit on the stone bench.
There He'll sit patiently and wait for me for the next 9 hours.

First two hours of work - I fuss and complain about things not going
right. Jesus, sitting with his chin in His hand looks upward toward
the building wishing He could help me.

By lunch time - I'm flustered, regretting I work in this place and
sputtering bitterness all over folks.

Jesus comes around to the side of the building where my cubicle is
located. He looks up from the ground trying to get my attention but I
can't hear him; my focus is on my problems.

Jesus goes back to the front of the building, sits down and continues
to wait for me. He thinks to Himself as He looks up to the third
floor, "She went in there defenseless. If only she had taken me in
there with her. When will she learn?"

End of the day - I'm pooped, run down, no energy, irritable &
frustrated. I leave the building & Jesus gets up happily to greet me
but I'm in no mood for Him now. I've just been to hell and back and
the last thing I want to do is be bothered with anyone.

God just actually showed me this is how I'VE been acting. He showed me
each act and worst of all, He let Me feel a small portion of how
grieved he was because of my actions and attitude. I left Jesus
standing outside, almost let the door smack him in His face.

From time to time our jobs overwhelm us and we completely forget to
"take Jesus with us". We may not go around cursing anyone out or
punching anyone in the face (hopefully not) but what are our actions
saying about us and about who or whose we are?

We are the salt of the Earth and the light of the world. A city on a
hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under
a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to
everyone in the house. Matt. 5:13-15.

We should be bringing peace to our jobs and not be the cause of
confusion. We should be the ones to bring our gifts & talents to the
table to help in WHATEVER area God has chosen for us to work in.

Col.3:23-24-"Whatever you do, work at it with ALL your heart, as
working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will
receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord
Christ you are serving."

Mother Teresa said:

In New York we have a home for AIDS patients who are dying from what I call "the leprosy of the West". On Christmas Eve, I opened this house as a gift for Jesus on His birthday. We started with fifteen beds for some poor AIDS patients and four young men I brought out of jail because they didn't want to die there. They were our first guests. I made a little chapel for them. There these young people who had not been near Jesus could come back to Him, if they wanted to. Thanks to God's blessing and His love, their hearts completely changed.

Once when I went there one had to go to the hospital. He said to me, "Mother Teresa, you are my friend. I want to speak to you alone." So the Sisters went out and he spoke. And what did this man say? This was someone who hadn't been to confession or received Holy Communion in twenty-five years. In all those years, he had nothing to do with Jesus.  He told me, "You know, Mother Teresa, when I get a terrible headache, I compare it with the pain that Jesus had when they crowned Him with thorns. When I get that terrible pain in my back, I compare it with the pain Jesus' when he was scourged. When I get that terrible pain in my hands and feet, I compare it with the pain Jesus had when they crucified Him. I ask you to take me back home. I want to die with you."

I got permission from the doctor to bring him back home with me. I took him to the chapel. I have never seen anyone talk to God the way that young man talked to Him. There was such an understanding love between Jesus and him. After three days he died.

It is hard to explain the change that young man experienced. What brought it about? Perhaps it was the tender love the Sisters gave him that made him understand God loved him.

As Christians, we have been created for great things. We have been created to be holy since we have been created in the image of God. For that reason, when someone dies that person is meant to go home to God. That is where we are all meant to go.

Something happened to one of our Sisters who was sent to study. The day she was to receive her degree, she died. As she was dying, she asked, "Why did Jesus call me for such a short time?" And her superior answered, "Jesus wants you, not your works." She was perfectly happy after that.

At the moment of death we will not be judged by the amount of work we have done but by the weight of love we have put into our work. This love should flow from self-sacrifice, and it must be felt to the point of hurting. Death, in the final analysis, is only the quickest and easiest means to go back to God. If only we could make people understand that we come from God and that we have to go back to Him!  Death is the most decisive moment in human life. It is like our coronation: to die in peace with God. Death can be something beautiful. It is like going home. He who dies in God goes home even though we naturally miss that person who has gone. But it is something beautiful. That person has gone home to God.

Healing Prayer to St. Faustina

Saint Faustina, you told us that your mission would continue after your death and that you would not forget us.

Our Lord also granted you a great privilege, telling you to "Distribute graces as you will, to whom you will, and when you will".

Relying on this  I ask your intercession for the grace I especially need now,

(Mention Petition)

Help me, above all, to trust in Jesus as you did, and thus glorify His mercy every moment in my life.

Prayer to Saint John Chrysostom - Feast Day September 15

Dear Saint John, your oratorical gifts inspired thousands and earned you the name "golden-mouthed." Continue to inspire Christians through your writings and grant us a rebirth of Christian preaching for the spiritual renewal of the Church. Obtain from God preachers like yourself who, animated by the Holy Spirit, deserve to be called other Christs and forcefully preach the Good News. Amen.

September 13 - Jesus Calling

Come To Me And Rest.  Give your mind a break from its habitual judging.  You form judgments about this situation, that situation, this person, that person, yourself, even the weather—as if judging were your main function in life.  But I created you first and foremost to know Me and to live in rich communication with Me.  When you become preoccupied with passing judgment, you usurp My role.

Relate to Me as creature to Creator, sheep to Shepherd, subject to King, clay to Potter.  Allow Me to have My way in your life.  Rather than evaluating My ways with you, accept them thankfully.  The intimacy I offer you is not an invitation to act as if you were My equal.  Worship Me as King of kings while walking hand in hand with me down the path of Life.

Do not judge, or you too will be judged.” 

—Matthew 7:1

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 

—John 17:3

But who are you, O man, to talk back to God?  “Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”  Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?  

—Romans 9:20-21

….which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the Kind of kings and Lord of lords. 

—1 Timothy 6:15

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

So nice to hear the twins are doing well.

Glad you and Linus had a nice time at dinner with your friends.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint

Super Contributor

Really liked the prayer for the day.  Gave me a great deal to reflect upon.  Thank you!

Glad the twins and you had a nice visit.  Maybe they are settling in and sleep will be a regular thing!

Hope you all have a blessed day, filled with much joy and happiness.  Keep an eye out for the ordinary miracles that surround us.

Peace, Nancy

Honored Contributor

To all,

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/487162884665670921/

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies --

Gloria - loved the prayer and meditation today.  Very personal for myself and very close friends of mine.  Really hit home.  Thank you.  Glad to hear the twins are slowly getting settled in to some kind of routine.  Happy to hear you can get the acid reflux curtailed, so the little one can rest.  Expect Darla is getting much needed sleep.  Hope things go well today also. 

Harlene - hoping for life's blessings sent your way too.

Nancy - enjoy the blessings you have today with all the youngsters.

Meallen - thank you for the beautiful picture.  Love the blue flowers, reminds me of our youngest child's favorite color.

Ladies - enjoy all the blessings we have in this free country.  Thinking of the anniversary of our National Anthem, our hearts go out to the military and their families.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your good responses!  Love hearing from you all!

I'm tired, and after the new thread, to bed I go!!!