Honored Contributor

If we must slways say only positive things

Today.......a very lovely stormy blustery day.The best day to get some of the beautiful leaves that have fallen in my yard raked up.I was pleasantly surprised upon completion to find I was gifted with the biggest ever spider bite on my neck.Thank you for the itching and swelling that occurred because I have a dinner out tonight that I am looking to and only last week purchased a turtleneck that will be perfect to cover the redness.

Respected Contributor

Re: If we must slways say only positive things

Oh boy...keep an eye on that bite.  Do you have an idea of what kind of spider it was?  I know they take care of other pesky insects, but they just freak me out😱

Honored Contributor

I don't know the spider but I have been bitten before and they usually itch and stay swollen for about a week.I am freaked by them too so I am always apprehensive in the yard at this time of the year.

Respected Contributor

A nurse told me to always go to the doctor with a spider bite.  You never know! 

Honored Contributor

Oh no, a spider on your neck? Argh!

Oh, if we need to keep it positive - well, at least he didn't go in your mouth.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The turtleneck saved the day.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Today.......a very lovely stormy blustery day.The best day to get some of the beautiful leaves that have fallen in my yard raked up.I was pleasantly surprised upon completion to find I was gifted with the biggest ever spider bite on my neck.Thank you for the itching and swelling that occurred because I have a dinner out tonight that I am looking to and only last week purchased a turtleneck that will be perfect to cover the redness.

The Lord does work in mysterious ways! Painful, at times, but mysterious all the same! 

On a serious note, do keep an et on it, bites of any kind can be dangerous!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.