Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Hello my friends!  I'm typing this on my new lap top!!  Learning more about it little by little but I got all my stuff in here now, had to find my password on the Q and other places too. But I have things worked out for the most part.   I can use a mouse and that's good.  Hope your day went well, I did get a few things done today besides getting my laptop ready for use.  It was a day filled with many blessings for sure! Anyone have a lap top and adjusted well?

Begin each day with the certainty that today is the best day of your life

and watch what happens. Lord, I celebrate my life and give thanks for

everything because for everything there is a reason.

S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y :=.

"For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel: In returning and
rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your
strength." ~Isaiah 30:15

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

Confidence means to have faith in something. We could not live without
confidence in others. When we have confidence in God's grace, we can
face whatever comes. When we have confidence in God's love, we can be
serene and at peace. We can rest in the faith that God will take care
of us. We can try to rest in God's presence until God's life-power
flows through us. We can be still and in that stillness the still,
small voice will come. It can speak in quietness to the human mind that
is attuned to its influence.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may find strength today in quietness. I pray that I may
be content today that God will take care of me.

HUGS

No moving parts, no batteries.
No monthly payments and no fees;
Inflation proof, non-taxable,
In fact, it's quite relaxable;

It can't be stolen, won't pollute,
One size fits all, do not dilute.
It uses little energy,
But yields results enormously.

Relieves your tension and your stress,
Invigorate your happiness;
Combats depression, makes you beam,
And elevates your self esteem!

Your circulation it corrects
Without unpleasant side effects
It is, I think, the perfect drug:
May I prescribe, my friend,... the hug!
(and, of course, fully returnable!)

-- Author Unknown

Art Class

A kindergarten teacher was observing her class of children while they drew. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's artwork. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was.

The girl replied, "I'm drawing God."

The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."
Without missing a beat or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

God Knows...

When you are tired and discouraged from fruitless efforts...

God knows how hard you have tried.

When you've cried so long and your heart is in anguish...

God has counted your tears.

If you feel that your life is on hold and time has passed you by...

God is waiting with you.

When you're lonely and your friends are too busy even for a phone call...

God is by your side.

When you think you've tried everything and don't know where to turn...

God has a solution.

When nothing makes sense and you are confused or frustrated...

God has the answer.

If suddenly your outlook is brighter and you find traces of hope...

God has whispered to you.

When things are going well and you have much to be thankful for...

God has blessed you.

When something joyful happens and you are filled with awe...

God has smiled upon you.

When you have a purpose to fulfill and a dream to follow...

God has opened your eyes and called you by name.

Remember that wherever you are or whatever you are facing...

GOD KNOWS !

"Give your hands to serve and your heart - to love"

The aim of the Missionaries of Charity is to quench the infinite thirst of Jesus on the Cross for love and for souls by living our consecrated life to the full: In having nobody but only Jesus by the vow of Charity; in having nothing but only Jesus by the vow of Poverty; in having only Jesus by the vow of wholehearted and free service to the poorest of the poor.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden (...) in the same way, let your light shine before men, and they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (Mt 5, 14, 16)

The invitation Jesus addressed to Mother Teresa in 1946 "Come, be my light", continues to resound again and again to be his light in the darkness of human poverty, in a world darkened by sin and misery.

Woman known by everyone as Mother Teresa of Calcutta was born 26 August 1910 in Klopje as GANXHE - Agnes BOJAXHIU - third child, the youngest child of Albanian parents Kole and Drane Bojaxhiu. In November 1928 she joined Loreto Sisters in Dublin where she took 1st vows in 1931 and after 6 years (in1937) Mother made her final profession.

Among the Missionaries of Charity the 10th September 1946 is celebrated as the birthday of the Congregation Mother Teresa said that it was a "call within a call". A total unexpected experience came to her on that day in the little train climbing up from Siliguri to Darjeeling, the thirst of Jesus, and a call to give her life in service to the poor and rejected in the slums.

"I knew it was His will and I had to follow him to those who, like Jesus had nowhere to lay their head... the naked, despised, forsaken, forgotten, broken... it was an order... I knew where I belonged, but I did not know how to get there, how it would be accomplished, but so let myself be used by God in His way, unknown to me." From Mother´s early writings"

Mother Teresa was so concerned about the society and she expressed it in one of the most important letters to her children:

"The time has come to speak openly on the gift God gave me on September 10th to explain as fully as I can what means to me the thirst of Jesus. For me the thirst of Jesus is something so intimate... everything in the Missionary of Charity exists only to satiate Jesus. His words on the wall of every Missionary of Charity chapel are not from past only, but alive here and now, spoken to you...'

Jesus Himself must be the one to say to you "I Thirst"...

"I Thirst" is something much deeper than Jesus is just saying, "I love you"...

The heart and soul of M. C. is only this: the thirst of Jesus´heart hidden in the poor.

This is the source of every part of Missionary of Charity life... satiating the living Jesus in our midst is our Society´s only purpose". (25.03.1993)

"The fruit of SILENCE is Prayer

The fruit of PRAYER is Faith

The fruit of FAITH is Love

The fruit of LOVE is Service

The fruit of SERVICE is Peace"

Mother Teresa

Inline image 1

St. Fiacre - Feast Day August 30

O Lord, Saint Fiacre was a holy hermit to whom people came in droves to learn more about the Christian Faith. Concerned about their lack of food and shelter during their visits with him, he built a hospice and farmed the land to supply their needs. I ask him to pray for farmers and all those who provide nourishment and sanctuary. Father, increase the yield of our crops, give us good growing weather, and multiply the resources to meet the needs of the people. Bless the ministries that help the needy and homeless and increase the donations they receive so that there is always enough to give out. Saint Fiacre, pray for us. Amen.

August 30 - Jesus Calling

There is no place so desolate that you cannot find Me there. When Hagar fled from her mistress, Sarah, into the wilderness, she thought she was utterly alone and forsaken. But Hagar encountered Me in that desolate place. There she addressed Me as the Living One who sees me. Through that encounter with My Presence, she gained courage to return to her mistress.

No set of circumstances could ever isolate you from My loving Presence. Not only do I see you always; I see you as a redeemed saint, gloriously radiant in My righteousness. That is why I take great delight in you and rejoice over you with singing!

So she called the name of the Lord Who spoke to her, You are a God of seeing, for she said, Have I [not] even here [in the wilderness] looked upon Him Who sees me [and lived]? Or have I here also seen [the future purposes or designs of] Him Who sees me? Therefore the well was called Beer-lahai-roi [A well to the Living One Who sees me].
—Genesis 16:13–14 amp

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
—Psalm 139:7–10

“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”
—Zephaniah 3:17

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Glad you are enjoying. Your new laptop Gloria.

Such a cute picture of Darla and Greg with the twins.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint

Super Contributor

Enjoy the laptop! A whole new world is waiting for you.  Loved the picture and thank you for sharing with us all.

Have a blessed day everyone and embrace the ordinary miracles.  

Peace, Nancy 

Esteemed Contributor

Valued Contributor

@gloriajean, thanks for posting the picture of Darla and family!  Your daughter is so pretty.  

The "Art Class" made me laugh--it sounds like something a kindergartner would say. 

May we all have a peaceful day. Some rain wouldn't hurt, either!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

http://www.lovethispic.com/image/169703/thankful-wednesday-blessings

Esteemed Contributor

Darla doesn't mind my posting that picture - she put it on Facebook too.  Just thought you'd like to see who I'm always talking about here!  Glad you liked seeing it.  She has a Phd and teaches at the University, but now she's just a Mother - going back to work in January.

Twins are sleeping now - and I'm using my new laptop here!  What a wonderful gift!

Trusted Contributor

Gloria - thank you for the wonderful passages today, always a delight.  Your family is beautiful, you are blessed indeed.  Thank you for the wonderful picture today.  Sounds like you and your laptop are doing just fine.

Harlene - have a wonderful evening.

NJ - hope all is well and the school year is moving along.

Ruby - I did chuckle at the 'Art Class' message also.  I taught elementary and it reminded me of some of the students.

Meallen - love the beautifully, bright picture today.

God Bless!!