Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Hello my friends!  Here's hoping your day is going well, we have a perfect weather day here again - in the 70's and will be all week!  Planning a sister get-together on Thursday through Friday afternoon - Sister LaDonna turnd 87!  We will pick my 92 year old sister, Deil, up, then on to Bloomington, MN to pick Sr. LaDonna up from the shuttle, she comes from the Motherhouse in Rochester, MN. then to my sister, Ethel's at her house. Erma, who's in the Nursing Home with Parkinsons lives near Ethel so Ethel can pick her up and we'll all be together!  Deil will bring the birthday cake, barbecued beans, I'll be bringing brats, buns and a big batch of chicken soup, Ethel will have a large noodle salad called the Wedding Salad, it's great and it's a big batch.  I won't be around any computer then, so tomorrow's thread will have to continue on until Friday when I get back.  Getting ready now for Adoration - will lift you all up to Jesus in Adoration.

To know someone doesn't mean to know every detail of that

person's life.  It means to feel affection, confidence and to

believe in that person.  Lord, may I really know You and have

it reflect in how I treat others.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"He has said, 'I will never leave you or forsake you.'  So we can say
with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can
anyone do to me?'" ~Hebrews 13:5-6

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"I will never leave you or forsake you."  Down through the centuries,
thousands have believed in God's constancy, tirelessness, and unfailing
love.  God has love.  Then forever we can be sure of God's love.  God
has power.  Then forever we can be sure;, in every difficulty and
temptation, of God's strength.  God has patience.  Then always there is
one who can never tire.  God has understanding.  Then always we can
understand and be understood.  Unless we want God to go, God will never
leave us.  God is always ready with the strength and power we need.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I pray that I may feel that God's love will never fail.  I pray that I
may have confidence in God's unfailing power.

In hours of Discouragement God Is Our Encouragement

By: Helen Steiner Rice

Sometimes we feel uncertain, and unsure of everything,

afraid to make decisions, dreading what the day will bring....

We keep wishing it were possible to dispel all fear and doubt,

and to understand more readily just what life is all about.......

God has given us the answers which too often go unheeded,

but if we search His promises we'll find everything we need

and seek, to lift our faltering spirits and renew our courage too,

for there is absolutely nothing too much for God to do....
For the Lord is our Salvation and our Strength in every fight we fight.

Our Redeemer, and Protector, our eternal Guiding Light...
He has promised to sustain us, He's our Refuge from all harms,

and underneath this Refuge are His Everlasting Arms....
So cast your burdens on Him, seek His counsel when distressed,

and go to Him for comfort whenever you're lonely and oppressed....
For God is our encouragement in trouble and in trials,

and in suffering and in sorrow He will turn our tears to smiles.

Have A Truly Blessed Week!

THE 10 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS ARE...
Author Unknown

LOVE
The Special Feeling That Makes You Feel
All Warm And Wonderful.

RESPECT
Treating Others As Well
As You Would Like To Be Treated.

APPRECIATION
To Be Grateful For All The Good Things
Life Has To Offer.

HAPPINESS
The Full Enjoyment Of Each Moment.
A Smiling Face.

FORGIVENESS
The Ability To Let Things Be
Without Anger.

SHARING
The Joy Of Giving
Without Thought Of Receiving.

HONESTY
The Quality Of Always
Telling The Truth.

INTEGRITY
The Purity Of Doing What's Right,
No Matter What.

COMPASSION
The Essence Of Feeling Another's Pain,
While Easing Their Hurt.

PEACE
The Reward For Living
The 10 Most Important Things.

Wings of Prayer

Just close your eyes and open your heart
and feel your worries and cares depart,
Just yield yourself to the Father above
and let Him hold you secure in His love-

For life on earth grows more involved
with endless problems that can't be solved.
But God only asks us to do our best,
Than He will "take over" and finish the rest-

So when you are tired, discouraged and blue,
there's always one door that is open to you,
and that is the door to "The House of Prayer"
and you'll find God waiting to meet you there-

And "The House of Prayer" is no farther away
than the quiet spot where you kneel and pray.
For the heart is a temple when God is there
as we place ourselves in His loving care-

And He hears every prayer and answers each one
when we pray in His name "Thy will be done"-
And the burdens that seemed too heavy to bear
are lifted away on "The Wings of Prayer."

- Helen Steiner Rice

Your daily reading fromSt. Faustina's diary 

June 30

On my way to the veranda, I went into the chapel for a moment. My heart was plunged in profound adoration, praising God's incomprehensible goodness and His mercy. Then I heard these words in my soul: I am and will be for you such as you praise Me for being. You shall experience My goodness, already in this life and then, to the full, in the life to come.      (1707)O Christ, I am most delighted when I see that You are loved, and that Your praise and glory resound, especially the praise of Your mercy. O Christ, to the last moment of my life, I will not stop glorifying Your goodness and mercy. With every drop of my blood, with every beat of my heart, I glorify Your mercy. I long to be entirely transformed into a hymn of Your glory. When I find myself on my deathbed, may the last beat of my heart be a loving hymn in praise of Your unfathomable mercy.       (1708)

Today I saw the glory of God which flows from the image. Many souls are receiving graces, although they do not speak of it openly. Even though it has met up with all sorts of vicissitudes, God is receiving glory because of it; and the efforts of Satan and of evil men are shattered and come to naught. In spite of Satan's anger, The Divine Mercy will triumph over the whole world and will be worshiped by all souls.       (1789)

The words of Our Lord Jesus Christ are in boldface. The words of Our Lady are in italics.

Copyright (c) 1996 by the Congregation of Marians of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. All rights reserved.

June 29 - Jesus Calling

As you get out of bed in the morning, be aware of My Presence with you. You may not be thinking clearly yet, but I am. Your early morning thoughts tend to be anxious ones until you get connected with Me. Invite Me into your thoughts by whispering My Name. Suddenly your day brightens and feels more user-friendly. You cannot dread a day that is vibrant with My Presence.

You gain confidence through knowing that I am with you—that you face nothing alone. Anxiety stems from asking the wrong question: “If such and such happens, can I handle it?” the true question is not whether you can copy with whatever happens, but whether you and I together can handle anything that occurs. It this you-and-I-together factor that gives you confidence to face the day cheerfully.

—Psalm 5:3 My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.

—Psalm 63:1 O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. 

—Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Have a good time with your sisters Gloria.

Sounds like a lot of good eats too.

I hope when you get home you will get some good news.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Harlene!  Well when we got home from Adoration got a message from friends who live in that apartment that they are giving their notice tomorrow morning so then we can go there and sign up for September moving in.  Hope it won't be too expensive for Sammy to live there with us.  Got my slip from the doctor handy to give her, that Sammy is my companion dog.  Tomorrow Sister LaDonna turns 87.  Very spry for her age.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday Blessing: The Lord, Daily Greetings, Wednesday Blessed, Blessed Pictures, Wednesday Quotes, Blessed Images, Daily Blessed, Gods, Week

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

500+ Happy Wednesday Images, Pictures, Photos » KindStatus.com

Trusted Contributor

Hey Julie may your day be filled with many blessings also.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Valued Contributor

Gloria, Have a wonderful sisters get together! Just enjoy yourself, and forget about everything else. You'll be having plenty of great food that's for sure!

Harlene, Julie, Puddles, Lucy and all of our posters, Hope you'll have a great day, with maybe some nice weather. I took a walk earlier, and just got myself ready for the day. It was sunny for awhile after I got home, but it's raining again. So glad I didn't wait to go later. No  plans for the day, just whatever I decide to do around the  house.

Thank you for your prayers for my brother Henry. The job in Arizona didn't come through, but he's got applications out in a few other places. Hoping one of those work out for him. Take care everyone! pinky

Super Contributor

Good morning

I tried posting last night but for some reason and I couldn't get logged in. Oh well, not sure if it was a Q fluke or a Lucy fluke. Lol

It's overcast this morning, rain in the forecast, I love summer rain so I don't mind. It cleanses the air and waters the plants and flowers. We've been eating some very good peaches and my husband has been blueberry picking. I hate those things!  My daughter wants me to make a lemon blueberry bread so I'll probably bake it today. She and the grandsons are leaving for Florida on Friday, keep them in prayer for a safe trip, thanks.

Not much more to say so I'll close by saying I hope you all have a great day and many blessings.

Be still, and know.
Super Contributor

I meant to ask if anyone else has noticed if their posts and registered date had changed like mine. Before this "New and improved" version my register date was 07, now it is 10. My posts dropped by several thousand. 

Be still, and know.