Honored Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

You are strong and you have known struggles before.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@shosh wrote:

gloria

news about poster 'merle byrd' [ laura ] -

the week before the 'change' on the board, we were informed by some poster-friends that laura had entered hospice, and she did pass away soon after from pancreatic cancer.

the news of her passing was posted, but coincided with the change, and the deletion of the whole threads that the news was on.

i know some of the posters that frequent this thread had known her, and i wanted to pass along the news in case they missed it. hope it's ok- i didn't know where else to put it since the 'skypie' and other threads are all gone.

go2girl and ladyroxanne had been keeping us informed, but with all the mess on the board, i don't know when they may be back.

i am glad that you are able to keep this thread going in spite of the added difficulties, hope they keep 'fixing' it til it runs smoothly and logically.

is it possible that if darla gets the local job, she could buy your house ? that would be a solution i would wrap up with a bow if i could.  our prices and property taxes are way higher here in nj. but prices and demand vary so wildly by region. sometimes it is just the right person at the right moment.

have you spread the word at church? you know so many people- is there a way to insure that they know you are selling, it could be a favor to someone else who might be interested. even with realtors and the internet, word of mouth can still be the best. Heart

shosh:  It's good to see you again.  I just restarted the Skypie thread - I'm not around as much anymore but it would be nice to see everyone again.

All the best to everyone here today - be well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning Shosh and Pinky!  Thanks for your post, Shosh, and many here do remember Merle! May she rest in peace.  I would like that if Darla and Greg would buy our house, but I doubt it, I'm sure they'd want a town house or so that the yard work is taken care of because Darla is not able to, and Greg is too busy with his job and gone alot. But I'll be very happy if she gets this job here and move closer to home.

The house is now down to 167,000.

Honored Contributor

night prayer images good night prayer pictures graphics page http www ...

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Contributor

Hello Gloria and friends...

I am so glad that this forum has lasted and our dear Gloria has been so patient to try and try again to figure out this new format.  I am not sure I "get it".  I guess I am not too excited about the change.  

But seeing old and new friends here joined by caring and gentle hearts who reach out and pray for one another is such a joy.  This month has been difficult for me.  It marks the four years that my dear husband died and I still miss him so much.  I just always thought we would spend our entire lives together...and to loose him has been really hard for me.

But when the sky is dark for me...I know I must move into the sunshine and warmth of the day our precious Father has given us.  I am healthy and for that I praise his name.  I love you all.  (((((((Hugs)))))))

I am thrilled to see the Skypie and Friends page renewed...How wonderful!!!

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Hello go2girl!  So nice to see you here, and yes, I'm glad too, that Cakers started the Skypie thread again.  I'm wondering when the Kindred Spirits one will come back here!  As time goes on, I'm catching on here, I know now that I cannot do a long thread like I used to, it has to be in one posts, or it gets jumbled up.  It takes more time, but at least it works!! Praise the Lord for that!! Come and post here anytime as you are so welcomed, dear!

Esteemed Contributor

Puddles - how true! Thanks!