Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Hello my friends!  Thought I'd nap today and relax some as the next three days I'll be at Darla's taking care of the twins.  They'd better remember me!  Haven't seen them since our overnighter there Thursday night. It's a long day for Linus today - from 10 to 8 tonight. Bet he'll be very tired tonight.  He usually starts at 4 in the afternoon on Mondays, but they needed him at 10 today.  He should be done working in 10 minutes.

Blessings upon your night!

When your mind takes you to places you don't want to go, you have
the power to bring yourself back. Lord, strengthen my ability to focus
on that which I am experiencing now so that I will truly live and lose
none of the time You have given to me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning."
~Psalm 30:5

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y

We can constantly live in preparation for something better to come.
All of life can be a preparation for something better.  We can
anticipate the morning to come.  We can feel, in the night of sorrow,
that understanding joy that tells of confident expectation of better
things to come.  "Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with
the morning."  We can know that God has something better in store for
us, as long as we are making ourselves ready for it.  Our life in this
world can be a training for a better life to come.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that when life is over, I may enjoy eternal life with God.  I
pray that I may make this life a preparation for a better life to
come.

HOW TO SAVE YOUR CHILDREN THROUGH THE ROSARY

During one of the cenacles which Fr. Gobbi gave in the United States, he was urged by many concerned people to ask Our Lady specifically what could be done to save the youth from the seductions of the world which were leading many of them astray and causing them to leave the Church. Our Lady gave Fr. Gobbi this definite and final solution to console the parents who are so concerned about the salvation of their children: 

* Pray the Rosary 
* Every time you pray the Rosary, say: "With this Rosary, I bind all my children to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for her guidance and protection." 
* In doing so, Our Lady promised "to see to their souls." 

Having such a powerful weapon at our disposal, we must make use of it to save our youth! Let us bring all her children, young and old alike, into the refuge of her Immaculate Heart!"

Prayer for Peace of Heart

Almighty and Eternal God
Give me, I beseech You
the great gift of inward peace
Command the winds and storms
of my unruly passions.
Subdue, by your grace, my proneness
to love created things too much,
Give me a love of suffering for your sake.
Make me forbearing and kind to others,
that I may avoid quarrels and contentions.
And teach me constantly to seek after
and to acquire that perfect resignation
to Your Holy Will
which alone brings interior peace.  Amen

Prayer to Saint Clare of Assisi

O glorious Saint Clare!
God has given you the power 
of working miracles continually,
and the favour of answering the prayers 
of those who invoke your assistance 
in misfortune, anxiety and distress.  
We beseech you, obtain for us from Jesus,
through Mary, His Blessed Mother, 
what we beg of you so fervently and hopefully, 
if it be for the greater honour 
and glory of God and for the good of our souls.

Amen.

The TicketAuthor Unknown

Jack took a long look at his speedometer before slowing down: 73 in a 55 zone. Fourth time in as many months. How could a guy get caught so often? 

When his car had slowed to 10 miles an hour, Jack pulled over, but only partially. Let the cop worry about the potential traffic hazard. Maybe some other car will tweak his backside with a mirror. 

The cop was stepping out of his car, the big pad in hand. 

Bob? Bob from church? Jack sunk farther into his trench coat. This was worse than the coming ticket. A Christian cop catching a guy from his own church. A guy who happened to be a little anxious to get home after a long day at the office. A guy he was about to play golf with tomorrow. Jumping out of the car, he approached a man he saw every Sunday, a man he'd never seen in uniform. 

"Hi, Bob. Fancy meeting you like this." 

"Hello, Jack." No smile. 

"Guess you caught me red-handed in a rush to see my wife and kids." 

"Yeah, I guess." 

Bob seemed uncertain. Good. "I've seen some long days at the office lately. I'm afraid I bent the rules a bit-just this once." Jack toed at a pebble on the pavement. "Diane said something about roast beef and potatoes tonight. Know what I mean?" 

"I know what you mean. I also know that you have a reputation in our precinct." 

Ouch! This was not going in the right direction. Time to change tactics. 

"What'd you clock me at?" 

"Seventy-one. Would you sit back in your car, please?" 

"Now wait a minute here, Bob. I checked as soon as I saw you. I was barely nudging 65." The lie seemed to come easier with every ticket. 

"Please, Jack, in the car." 

Flustered, Jack hunched himself through the still-open door. Slamming it shut, he stared at the dashboard. He was in no rush to open the window. The minutes ticked by. Bob scribbled away on the pad. Why hadn't he asked for a driver's license? Whatever the reason, it would be a month of Sundays before Jack ever sat near this cop again. A tap on the door jerked his head to the left. There was Bob, a folded paper in hand. Jack rolled down the window a mere two inches, just enough room for Bob to pass him the slip. 

"Thanks." Jack could not quite keep the sneer out of his voice. Bob returned to his car without a word. Jack watched his retreat in the mirror. Jack unfolded the sheet of paper. How much was this one going to cost? Wait a minute. What was this? Some kind of joke? Certainly not a ticket. Jack began to read: 

"Dear Jack,
Once upon a time I had a daughter. She was six when killed by a car. You guessed it - a speeding driver. A fine and three months in jail, and the man was free. Free to hug his daughters. All three of them. I only had one, and I'm going to have to wait until heaven before I can ever hug her again. A thousand times I've tried to forgive that man. A thousand times I thought I had. Maybe I did, but I need to do it again. Even now. . . Pray for me. And be careful. My son is all I have left. Bob" 

Jack...twisted around in time to see Bob's car pull away and head down the road. Jack watched until it disappeared. A full 15 minutes later, he too, pulled away and drove slowly home, praying for forgiveness and hugging a surprised wife and kids when he arrived. 

Life is precious. Handle with care.

Just for today, Lord

I will live through the next 12 hours and not try to tackle all of life's problems at once.

I will improve my mind. I will learn something useful. I will learn something that requires effort, thought, and concentration.

I will be agreeable. I will look my best, speak in well-modulated voice, be courteous and considerate.

I will not find fault with friend, relative or colleague. I will not try to change or improve anyone other than myself.

I will have a program. I might not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two enemies, hurry and indecision.

I will do a good turn and keep it secret. If anyone finds out, it won't count.

I will do two things I don't want to do. Just for exercise.

I will believe in myself. I will give my best to the world and feel confident that the world will give it's best to me.

Mother Teresa Said:

Suffering will never be completely absent from our lives. So don't be afraid of suffering. Your suffering is a great means of love, if you make use of it, especially if you offer it for peace in the world. Suffering in and of itself is useless, but suffering that is shared with the Passion of Christ is a wonderful gift and a sign of love. Christ's suffering proved to be a gift, the greatest gift of love, because thru His suffering our sins were atoned for.

Suffering, pain, sorrow, humiliation, feelings of loneliness, are nothing but the Kiss of Jesus, a sign that you have some so close that He can kiss you.

Remember that the Passion of Christ ends always in the joy of the Resurrection of Christ, so when you feel in your heart the suffering of Christ, remember the resurrection has to come. Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of Christ risen.

In twenty-five years we have picked up more than thirty-six thousand people from the streets and more than eighteen thousand have died a most beautiful death.

When we pick them up from the street we give them a plate of rice. In no time we revive them. A few nights ago we picked up four people. One was in a most terrible condition, covered with wounds, full of maggots. I told the Sisters I would take care of her while they attended to the other three. I really did all that my love could do for her. I put her in bed and she took hold of my hand. She had such a beautiful smile on her face and she said only, "Thank You!." Then she died.

There was a greatness of love. She was hungry for love, and she received that love before she died.  She spoke only two words but her understanding love was expressed in those two words.

September 12 - Jesus Calling

Receive My Peace. It is My continual gift to you. The best way to receive this gift is to sit quietly in My Presence, trusting Me in every area of your life. Quietness and trust accomplish far more than you can imagine: not only in you, but also on earth and in heaven. When you trust Me in a given area, you release that problem or person into My care.

Spending time alone with Me can be a difficult discipline, because it goes against the activity addiction of this age. You may appear to be doing nothing, but actually you are participating in battles going on within spiritual realms. You are waging war—not with the weapons of the world, but with heavenly weapons, which have divine power to demolish strongholds. Living close to Me is a sure defense against evil.

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
—John 14:27

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.”
—Isaiah 30:15

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
—2 Corinthians 10:4

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Enjoy Grandmother time and let's hope those girls sleep!  Hope everyone had a nice Monday.  Always takes a little extra to get started on a MOnday but was off and running.  Chilly here for sure but warming a bit today, thankfully!  We are into a nice pace at school so kids are starting to settle, getting the idea of the year etc. Feels good to have things up and running.  

I pray you all have a blessed day, fill it with joy and hope and many ordinary miracles.

Peace, Nancy 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423831014907590059/

Trusted Contributor

A blessed Tuesday to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon!

@gloriajean, Linus had a long day yesterday!  Have fun with the babies today. I'm watching my grandson, and he is napping right now. Peace of Heart and Just for Today were so meaningful. I always like words of Mother Teresa, too. 

@nj, it's good to hear the school year is slipping into a routine.

@meallen616, beautiful rose!

@lovestopaint, I hope you're feeling well. 

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- hope all is well.  Cool here the last 2 days, only in the 40s today.  Yikes - and folks are out golfing.  We're out golfing tomorrow, but should be in the 70s - I hope.

Gloria - have a great day with the little ones.  Hope their schedule of sleeping is improving.  Hope Linus has recouped from his long day yesterday.  Thank you for the wonderful words today, beautiful.Heart

NJ - glad to hear that your students are settling into new school year.  Recognize all the blessings you witness today.Smiley Happy

Meallen - thank you for the wonderful rose today, just beautiful.Woman Happy

Harlene - have a wonderful day, blessings to you.Smiley Wink

Ruby - nice to hear from you today.  Hope you have a wonderful day.Smiley Happy

Ladies, enjoy your Tuesday and all the blessings of the day.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean, I hope the next 3 days with the babies are enjoyable and that they are good for their grandma.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all so much for your posts!!  It's always a joy to come home and read them!!!  I'll share in the thread about my day today.