Honored Contributor

Thank you for your prayers

[ Edited ]

I don't know what the next weeks are going to be with my brother & our family while we grieve the loss of a very special young man & his beautiful gf.

I know it will not be easy on any of us but I'm finding comfort in knowing last night his whole family was together for a special occasion dinner - a good time was had by all -  they hugged and kissed good bye (as we always do).

At this time no one knows the sad details of the tragedy, but , I know the good Lord opened his arms and welcomed his next angel. My nephew was a deacon and a beautiful man.

I know there are some who have faced losing a child or a loved one suddenly, and it maybe hard for you, I have said a silent prayer for you today. 

From the bottom of my heart -- thank you everyone for the prayers, kind words and scriptures they are very appreciated.

Today, God sent me more angels in my time of need.

💒

Homedecor

Respected Contributor

Re: Thank you for your prayers

@homedecor1 My heart really hurts for you.  This is such a sad thing to experience.  I'm giving you some cyber hugs {{{{{homedecor1}}}}}.

We lost one of our sons a couple years ago.  He was 37.  He was multiply handicapped from birth.  He was healthy for years, but then all the problems started... surgery after surgery.  The last one didn't go well.  The doc called from the hospital and told us there was nothing more he could do.  I just PRAYED that God would get us there in time to say goodbye to him, and He did!  Praise God.

Hubby and I, and others who came, had tears, but a wonderful, beautiful peace just washed over us because we KNEW he would suffer no more.  We knew because the Bible tells us, "These things are written that ye may KNOW ye have eternal life."  I think of him (David) every day and the tears come, but mostly I am just so anxious to see him again... walking and talking, or whatever we do in Heaven.  But he will NOT be in his wheelchair any more!!!  This thrills my heart.

Don't know quite why I shared this tonight, but I just let my heart lead me.  Maybe it could comfort you in some way.

Love,

spent2much (Peggy)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Dearest Peggy, you are a beautiful soul! I am so sorry for all of the sadness you had with your precious child, and then the greatest sorrow of all...no mother should ever bury her child! I am so sorry for your tears. I pray for you that soon your tears will also give way to precious memories, happy times shared with your David. You said you had to follow your heart tonight. I believe that was David leading you to peace. By sharing your story trying to comfort another is a divine gesture. God and David want you to know he is at peace. I can't tell you not to be sad for although I have lost a great many loved ones much sooner than I should have, I am sure your grief is unbearable. But, you sound like you know God, so let him carry your burdens for a while and be happy knowing David is safe and well now and you will be together again for eternity!

Home decor you, and all who faced the losses of loved ones that are taken way too soon, we must trust in God for only He knows why. He also knows us, trusts in our faith, and trusts we are able to handle the sorrow he's shown us. May all who have suffered any loss and is still in pain find peace and feel God's love and His arms holding you near. I have found that the friends here are among the most loving of any I've ever known. I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing your pain with us. I have said a prayer for you and your nephew's other loved ones as well as his gf and her loved ones. Please, let us know how you are doing as time goes on.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

@Imadickens

Thank you Peggy for sharing your story to comfort me. I will never forget the day my son 27 years old called to tell me he had stage 3 cancer and a spot on his pancreas...that day I thought the world had stopped.  God saw us thru his treatments and gave him a chance to do something with his life to the good.  He started a non-profit fishing site that grants wishes to children who may not get to enjoy the sport.  I thank God everyday to have him.

I want to thank you jewelwisher as I am so sad but these small acts of kindness and faith make a difference.

im going to try to get myself together mentally to be strong for my brother

and family. 

God Bless the kindness of perfect strangers who console others by putting others first, I am overwhelmed by the compassion & caring of the posters here.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss 

Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much  Your post is very touching and telling of your faith in our Lord and saviour.  Knowing this, as believers, makes the loss of a loved one bearable.  Ones that have gone ahead of us are so much better off.  This, too, gives comfort.  God has told us so little about heaven, but we know it will be glorious.  There is more in the Bible about hell and everlasting punishment.  Perhaps that is to get the lost to see what is in store for their eternity.  As you stated, these things are written so that we can know we have eternal life.  My heart still goes out to you for the loss of a child.  I do not know how that feels, but the blessed assurance we have because we have put our trust in the Lord (for what He did for us) hopefully makes your days a little better.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I posted on your other thread today.  I am sorry to hear of this terrible loss to your family.  It sounds as if you have a wonderful, loving, and caring family.  It sounds like you have been through alot, even before this tragedy, and the Lord has carried you through.  May He carry you and your family through the coming days.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@spent2much  Your post is very touching and telling of your faith in our Lord and saviour.  Knowing this, as believers, makes the loss of a loved one bearable.  Ones that have gone ahead of us are so much better off.  This, too, gives comfort.  God has told us so little about heaven, but we know it will be glorious.  There is more in the Bible about hell and everlasting punishment.  Perhaps that is to get the lost to see what is in store for their eternity.  As you stated, these things are written so that we can know we have eternal life.  My heart still goes out to you for the loss of a child.  I do not know how that feels, but the blessed assurance we have because we have put our trust in the Lord (for what He did for us) hopefully makes your days a little better.

Yes, @tends2dogs.  I agree wholeheartedly!  I miss David.  I think of him every day, but the tears are few because I know he's with Jesus and totally healed!  I'm very much looking forward to embracing him.  It is wonderful, isn't it?  Praise God that we can have the assurance of eternal life!!!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1

image.png

You have known great sadness in your life.

I wish you strength to comfort your family. ~LTT

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@spent2much and others:

Just wanted to thank you for your kind words and inspiration to pull through this very hard weekend the funeral of my nephew.

I know we get angels everyday & I have to say my nephew was a practicing Catholic and God sent us this  wonderful priest.  This priest made the whole process a joyous celebration of life. He was with us the entire week and guided all of us.   I know it sounds crazy but in this tragic death I feel serene knowing my nephew had a beautiful final send-off & will have eternal love.

Tomorrow will be another hard day for me - his gf funeral which I am anticipating will be very hard and I will keep my beautiful memories from his service in the back of mind to get through it.

Thank you again for sending prayers & I will pray for you also.