Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hello my friends!  Wonderful Sunday!!  First blessed with a wonderful Mass with the Sisters of St. Benedict near here, followed by a brunch with them, celebrating our birthdays with Sisters Pat and Phyllis, our friends for about 30 years!! Then after that, Lori and I went shopping for gifts for prizes for the shower. It was fun shopping with her.  Many blessings that God showers upon us, which we lots of times take advantage of.  Thanks be to God for all His surprises!!

When you have faith in yourself and God, you will know that you are loved
and safe and never alone. Lord, I am these things because You are always
with me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, but the LORD
tests the heart."  ~Proverbs 17:3

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I believe that my life is being refined like gold in a crucible.  Gold
does not stay in the crucible, only until it is refined.  I need never
despair or be despondent.  I have friends who long for me to be
victorious.  If I should err or fail, it could cause pain and
disappointment to them.  I can keep trying to live a better life.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may always call on God's strength, while the gold of my
life is being refined.  I pray that I may see it through, with God's
help.

The Way Home

Have you ever had to act in a play or perform in a concert?  If so, you must have spent many hours rehearsing or practicing beforehand.  If you stumbled or forgot your lines you had another chance - dozens more chances.  That is what rehearsals are all about.  However when the curtain goes up and those rows of empty chairs are full of people, you have no more chances to practise.  Now your performance is real, in full view of the public.  The show must go on.

Dying is like that, our lives are rehearsed at the moment, when the curtain of our body is withdrawn and we are left face to face with GOD, there will be no more rehearsals to go back to the begining and start again.

What we have become, we now are Forever.

Daily Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference
Living one day at a time
Enjoying one moment at a time
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is
Not as I would have it
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His will
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him forever in the next.

I Am There

You cannot see Me,
yet I am the Light you see by.

You cannot hear Me,
yet I speak through your voice.

You cannot feel Me,
yet I am the power at work in your hands.

I am at work
though you do not understand My ways.

I am at work
though you do not recognize My works.

I am not strange visions,
I am not mysteries...
only in absolute stillness beyond self
can you know Me as I am
and then but as a feeling and a faith.

Yet, I am there.   Yet I hear.
Yet I answer.
When you need  Me, I am there.

Even if you deny Me, I am there.
Even when you feel most alone, I am there.
Even in your fears, I am there.
Even in your pain, I am there.

I am there when you pray
and when you do not pray.

I am in you
you are in Me.

I am the law
on which the movement of the stars
and the growth of living cells are founded.

I am the love
that is law's fulfilling.

I am assurance.

I am peace.

I am openness.

I am the law
that you live by.

I am the love
that you cling to.

I am your assurance.

I am your peace.

I am one with you.

Beloved , I am there.

(author unknown)

SHAKE OFF THE DEVIL

Tell the devil today he is a liar! He will not take your joy, your peace or disturb your spirit.
Tell the devil he cannot sleep in your bed; there’s not enough cover.
Tell the devil he cannot sit in your chair; you will not give him a cushion of comfort.
Tell the devil he cannot touch your body; it’s covered with the blood.
Tell the devil he cannot audit your finances; you’ve changed accountants.
Tell the devil he cannot enter you home; the lock’s been changed.
Tell the devil to leave your workplace; he’s not on your list of things to do today.
Tell the devil to take his hands off your children; because you’ve had hands laid on them.
Tell the devil you have no time for his nonsense, criticism or fears; you are on a mission, and you walk by faith.
Tell the devil no more tears, heartaches, or headaches; because there’s another, HE, that restoreth your soul.
Tell him...Tell him...Tell him.
Tell the devil today you have a gentle, powerful inner peace within that consumes you and leaves no room for confusion.
Tell the devil today you will respond soothingly to a crying child, a tense spouse, or an impatient friend.
Tell the devil today you will find no fault with a relative, friend or colleague.
Tell the devil to leave your tongue alone; for today you will not talk of anyone before placing God at the beginning of your every thought.
Tell the devils God said, “My people will abide in a peaceful habitation and in quiet resting places.” Isaiah 32:18

Verse of the Day

"Consider your own call, brothers and sisters: not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, so that no one might boast in the presence of God."

1 Corinthians 1:26-29

April 10 - Jesus Calling

Trust Me in every detail of your life. Nothing is random in My kingdom. Everything that happens fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Me. Instead of trying to analyze the intricacies of the pattern, focus your energy on trusting Me and thanking Me at all times. Nothing is wasted when you walk close to Me. Even your mistakes and sins can be recycled into something good, through My transforming grace.

While you were still living in darkness, I began to shine the Light of My Presence into your sin-stained life. Finally, I lifted you up out of the mire into My marvelous Light. Having sacrificed My very Life for you, I can be trusted in every facet of your life.

“But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.”
—Jeremiah 17:7

We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.
—Romans 8:28 amp

He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings.
—Psalm 40:2 amp

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
—1 Peter 2:9 nkjv

Regular Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Beautiful thread @gloriajean!

So uplifting! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Thank you, dreamieLil,  I do try to make them uplifitng.  Thanks for posting.