Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Greetings my friends!  Today's blessings started with Mass this morning - Divine Mercy Sunday!  Our new priest makes everything so special - he truly is a blessing to us.  Then shopping with my girls for a dress for Darla for her baby shower, found one at Macy's - really pretty background is navy blue, with pick roses all over, it's very nice, and she bought a pink cardigan sweater to wear over it. At another store she bought a pink bathtub, and a mattress for the changing table. This was at a second hand store called Once Upon a Child.  When we got home from Mass this morning, Lori was here cooking lunch already and we left right after. Another blessing.   Don't forget to share some of your blessings.  God is very generous with them.

When you have faith in yourself and God, you will know that you are loved

and safe and never alone. Lord, I am these things because You are always

with me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, but the LORD
tests the heart."  ~Proverbs 17:3

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I believe that my life is being refined like gold in a crucible.  Gold
does not stay in the crucible, only until it is refined.  I need never
despair or be despondent.  I have friends who long for me to be
victorious.  If I should err or fail, it could cause pain and
disappointment to them.  I can keep trying to live a better life.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may always call on God's strength, while the gold of my
life is being refined.  I pray that I may see it through, with God's
help.

Prayer for the Intercession of Saint Faustina

Saint Faustina, you told us that your mission would continue after your death and that you would not forget us (Diary, 281, 1582).

Our Lord also granted you a great privilege, telling you to "distribute graces as you will, to whom you will, and when you will" (31).

Relying on this, I ask your intercession for the graces I need, especially (here mention your special intentions)

Help me, above all, to trust in Jesus as you did and thus to glorify His mercy every moment of my life. Amen.

Prayers at the Hour of Mercy
(3 p.m.)

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You. (187)

You Yourself, Jesus, surely out of love for us, underwent such a terrible Passion. Your Father's justice would have been propitiated with a single sigh from You, and all Your selfabasement is solely the work of Your mercy and Your inconceivable love ... At the end of Your death on the Cross, You bestowed upon us eternal life; allowing Your most holy side to be opened, You opened an inexhaustible spring of mercy for us, giving us Your dearest possession, the Blood and Water from Your Heart. Such is the omnipotence of Your mercy. From it all grace flows to us. (1747)

O Jesus, eternal Truth, our Life, I call upon You and beg Your mercy for poor sinners. O sweetest Heart of my Lord, full of pity and unfathomable mercy, I plead with you for poor sinners. O Most Sacred Heart, Fount of Mercy from which gush forth rays of inconceivable graces upon the entire human race, I beg of You light for poor sinners. O Jesus, be mindful of Your own bitter Passion and do not permit the loss of souls redeemed at so dear a price of Your most precious Blood.

O Jesus, when I consider the great price of Your Blood, I rejoice at its immensity, for one drop alone would have been enough for the salvation of all sinners. (...) Oh, what immense joy burns in my heart when I contemplate Your incomprehensible goodness, O Jesus! I desire to bring all sinners to Your feet that they may glorify Your mercy throughout endless ages. (72)

O Jesus, stretched out upon the cross, I implore You, give me the grace of doing faithfully the most holy will of Your Father, in all things, always.and everywhere. And when this will of God will seem to me very harsh and difficult to fulfill, it is then I beg You, Jesus, may power and strength flow upon me from your wounds, and may my lips keep repeating, "Your will be done, O Lord".

O Savior of the world, Lover of man's salvation, who in such terrible torment and pain, forgot Yourself to think only of the salvation of souls, O most compassionate Jesus, grant ine the grace to forget myself that I may live totally for souls, helping You in the work of salvation, according to the most holy will of Your Father. (1265)

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls y and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out Upon us. (1319)

Mercy Sunday

The Lord wants this day reserved as "Mercy Sunday".
In order to complete the Novena one must go to
Confession, Mass, and Holy Communion on this first
Sunday After Easter. Ask a priest to hear your
Confession before Mass and Holy Communion.

Jesus said...
Whoever receives the Source of Life
(That is, Goes to Holy Communion, and Confession) 
On
this day will be granted complete forgivness of sins
and punishment. Let know soul be afraid to aproach the
Fount of my Mercy 
(Confession) even though its sins be as scarlet.

The Blessed Virgin Said...
It is only in Eternity that we shall know
the Great Mystery effected in us by Holy Communion.

Jesus said to Sr. Faustina:
My daughter,
Tell the whole world about My Inconceivable Mercy.
I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and a shelter
for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day
the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out
a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach
the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession
and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness
of sins and punishment. On that day are open all the divine
floodgates through which graces flow. Let no soul fear to draw
near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet. My mercy is so
great that no mind, be it of man or of angel, will be able to fathom
throughout all eternity. Everything that exists has come forth from
the very depths of My most tender mercy.

Every soul in its relation to Me will contemplate My
love and mercy throughout eternity. The Feast of Mercy
emerged from My very depths of tenderness. It is
My desire that it be solemnly celebrated on the first
Sunday after Easter. Mankind will not have peace until
it turns to the Fount of My Mercy.

April 3 - Jesus Calling

In Me you have everything. In Me you are complete. Your capacity to experience Me is increasing, through My removal of debris and clutter from your heart. As your yearning for Me increases, other desires are gradually lessening. Since I am infinite and abundantly accessible to you, desiring Me above all else is the best way to live.

It is impossible for you to have a need that I cannot meet. After all, I created you and everything that is. The world is still at My beck and call, though it often appears otherwise. Do not be fooled by appearances. Things that are visible are brief and fleeting, while things that are invisible are everlasting.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…
-Ephesians 3:20

Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting.
-2 Corinthians 4:18 amp

Honored Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

You are very blessed to have your daughters nearby. I think it is wonderful when parents can participate in activities with their adult children. When is the baby shower?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hi RetRN - Darla was in Texas teaching for the last 6 years, when she didn't get her tenure she applied to St. Cloud State University and got the job. It's where she graduated from. The Dean who hired her was also her Econ teacher and always liked her.  Now since August she and her husband moved here and it's a blessing she didn't get pregnant in Texas!! God waited for her to be here first.  The shower is April 16th.  I feel her moving close to home was a miracle and answer to prayers.