Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hello my friends! Again my first post disappeared so I'm trying again.  Wish I would have copied my part there, but never thought it would soon be gone forever.  The autosaved doesn't work for me.  I said that today we had two showings, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon and we spent the whole day with Lori and Jeremy. They made a good brunch for us and we had a very nice visit all out in her deck - and we took them out for supper at a restaurant outside in their patio by the lake, wonderful weather, it was a whole day spent outside!  We saw a bunch of boats, and geese swimming on the lake. Many of them!!  Please pray we get a good offer for the house soon!!

To have a great day isn't always doing what you like, but trying to
like what you must do.  Lord, today I will spruce up my attitude
and have a great day no matter what my circumstances.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and
I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I
am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  ~Matthew 11:28-30

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

Our spiritual life depends upon the unseen.  To live the spiritual life
we can believe in the unseen.  We can try not to lose the consciousness
of God's spirit in us and in others.  As a child in its mother's arms,
we can stay sheltered in the understanding and love of God.  God can
relieve us of the weight of worry and care, misery and depression, want
and woe, faintness and heartache, if we will allow it.  We can lift up
our eyes from earth's troubles and view the glory of the unseen God.
Each day we can try to see more good in people, more of the unseen in
the seen.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I pray that I may rest and abide in the presence of the unseen God.  I
pray that I may leave my burdens in God's care.

Rain On ME
By: Holly Gerth

Rain can be a force that destroys and washes away hope, or it can become a tool God uses to bring healing, growth, and new life to our hearts... Our response determines the difference.

I don't believe we have to wait for blue skies in order for God to use the rain. It can start right here, right now.

So wherever you are and whatever your storm may be, know that you are not alone. God is with you, and He is whispering messages about the rain to your heart that will change your world forever if you only dare to believe them.

Novena Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially ...(special intention).

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your gentle care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help all of us, Holy Mother, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever.
Amen.

June 28 - Jesus Calling

Taste and see that I am good. This command contains an invitation to experience My living Presence. It also contains a promise. The more you experience Me, the more convinced you become of My goodness. This knowledge is essential to your faith-walk. When adversities strike, the human instinct is to doubt My goodness. My ways are mysterious, even to those who know Me intimately. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways and thoughts higher than your ways and thoughts. Do not try to fathom My ways. Instead, spend time enjoying Me and experiencing My goodness.

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
—Psalm 34:8

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
—Isaiah 55:8–9

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Sounds like a very nice time with Lori and Jeremy.

I'm praying hard for you to get a good offer on your house.

I know it's kind of nerve racking, but don't worry the good Lord will see this through.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks much, Harlene, for your prayers!!! They will be answered, that I know.  All in God's timing, right?  

Honored Contributor

Pin it Like 1 Image

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Everyone~

Gloria, a beautiful thread this morning, as always. Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

May be an image of flower and text

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gloria, Praying every day to hear about an offer on your home, as well as good news from Darla. It's hard not to be anxious about something so important, but please trust the Lord on this. The right offer will come.

Harlene, Julie, Puddles, Lucy, and all of our posters, praying daily  for you and yours. I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had our family dinner last night, which went very well. It's been so rainy and chilly out, that I made a big pot of chicken soup with noodles. Very well received by DH and DS.

I walked this morning, and it was clearing, but the clouds are moving back in again. Rain is expected all week here. I'm kind of getting used to the rain, and the  cool temperatures remind me of fall. So,it's all good! pinky

Trusted Contributor

Hey Julie, jut wanted to say hi.

Ann I'm praying for your brother Henry, please let us know how he is doing.

Gloria, love the Novena to Our Blessed Lady.

Hey Lucy a big Hey to you.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Puddles - Beautiful!  Monday Blessings right back to you!!

Esteemed Contributor

Julie - Glad you like Our Lady's Novena - so do we.  She is very special and our greatest intercessor ever!!  I'm so glad I posted it and at least two of you were glad I did!  I emailed Ann oBrien - she always sends responses to the Glory of God prayer line - Faithful prayer warrier! When I get up in the middle of the night, it's usually BR, and then I come here sometimes and post if there is anything to post. Sometimes Nadine has my list ready already because in Finland she's 8 hours ahead of me, then I get my list out then too.  I slept fine.