Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Good Friday

Hello my friends!  It was a quiet day here today - he worked and after supper we went to our Holy Thursday Mass - it was a beautiful Mass - Choir sang so wonderfully!  We left so lifted up!  Our new priest, Father David, is a blessing!  

People should be able to look at us and see that we are different.  Lord, may
I be an example of Your love and learn to rely on You at all times.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"Your Father who sees in secret will reward you."  ~Matthew 6:4

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

In silence God's meaning can come to the heart.  I need not judge when
it enters the heart.  I can only judge by results.  God's word can be
spoken to the secret places of my heart and, in some hour of
temptation, I can find that word and realize its value for the first
time.  When I need it, I can find it there.  "Your Father who sees in
secret will reward you."

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may see God's meaning in my life.  I pray that I may
gladly accept what God has to teach me.

Lenten Reflection by Bishop Robert Barron

Whenever the strong (in any sense) overwhelm the weak, we are looking at the ways of death.

Jesus came to inaugurate what he called the Kingdom of God, God’s way of being, God’s order. This is an order based upon the infinite and death-defying love of God. What would the world look like under the influence of this love? It would be radically changed, revolutionized, replaced: “A new heavens and a new earth.”

What would life be like if we were no longer afraid? We would live as the saints do—not immune to suffering, but, if I can put it this way, unaffected by it. We would know that we are loved by a power that transcends death, and this would fill us with an exuberance beyond measure.

Opening Prayer for Holy Thursday: Mass of the Lord's Supper
God our Father, we are gathered here to share in the supper which your only Son left to his Church to reveal his love. He gave it to us when he was about to die and commanded us to celebrate it as the new and eternal sacrifice. We pray that in this Eucharist we may find the fullness of love and life. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Good Things To Remember

Stop trying to please others - it doesn't work.
Start pleasing yourself.

Make sure your shoe souls are clean when you're walking through someone else's life.

Upon awakening each day, use the following quotation.. " Thank You God, for this day...
let's get out there and see what wonderful stuff we can accomplish "TOGETHER".

Always praise a person for a job well done.

Praise your children often.

Words we should say more often: "LOVE YOU".

Never say good-bye or good night to your husband, child, mother, father, dear friends, without making sure they've heard or felt your "LOVE YOU" message.

Remember that the world does not expect you to be more than you are capable of being, but it does expect you to try to live up to all that you were created for.

You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." -Hebrews 13:8

Jesus said:

"I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." -John 10:11

"I am the door. If anyone enters in by Me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find green pastures." -John 10:9

"I am the Bread of Life. No one coming to me will ever be hungry again. Those believing in Me will never thirst." -John 6:35

"I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in me and I in him shall produce a large crop of fruit." -John 15:5

"I am the resurrection and life. Anyone who believes in me, even though he dies like anyone else, shall live again." -John 11:25

"I have come as a Light into the worldthat whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness." -John 12:46

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

Thank you, Jesus, for revealing Yourself in a way we all understand.

March 24

This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the Light of My Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possession into My care.

You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord.
—Psalm 89:15

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
—Hebrews 13:8

“For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
—Isaiah 41:13

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Good Friday

Happy Good Friday to all.  Jesus went to the cross for your sins and mine.  Praise You Jesus.  May the blessings and favors of God be with you all.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies!

Just stopped by to wish you a nice Easter weekend and I hope all is well for everyone.

Honored Contributor

To @gloriajean and all of the faithful, I wish you a Blessed Easter

http://www.americangreetings.com/ecards/easter/the-good-shepherd/pn/3131632

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise