Honored Contributor

Re: DIDNT EVEN THINK OF THIS

@J Town Girl  No it wasn't the OP. I remember that weird story.

Trusted Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Lakelife62 wrote:

L@Effie54 wrote:

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

And how exactly is she setting the stage for him to be independent?

She is helping him to get an education. Educated people get better jobs. Better jobs mean more money and more opportunity for advancement, plus health care and retirement contributions.

More money, better opportunity for advancement, good health and good savings= independence.

But where in that equation does he learn responsibility? 

Have you ever gone to college or have kids who did? I am starting to think people on this thread have zero experience with young adults.

College requires a kid to develop responsible habits- like getting up on time, being in class on time, participating in face to face and online discussions about the lessons they have been taught. Homework needs to be completed, turned in on time and be presented in a clear and concise and accurate way. To succeed requires the student to plan for study time, juggling multiple assignments in multiple topics. Let's not forget that college is also an entre into a social life, exploring different personal interests and all around broadening one's horizons, which tends to teach you how to be accepting of other humans, how to work in a group situation, how to budget for wants, how to be cordial in social situations, how to politely disagree, and I could go on.

Is that enough to teach responsibilty?

Yes, I've gone to college. I put MYSELF through college by WORKING! I didn't expect anyone to pay for my education. I was working since I was 14. So you know, I know what it's like to go through the rigors of school. I'm done speaking my point. If you're gonna be like a dog with a bone and not let your point go, there's no sense in further conversation.

Didn't you want your children to have it easier than you? That's what I always wanted for my kids, but I guess everyone is different.

Enjoy your afternoon

No, I would not want my children to have it easier than me. Why would I? Working and going to school? Gave me a sense of purpose, autonomy, and responsibility. When everything is handed to a child, they do not learn those traits. Bottom line, if the OP continues to do what she's doing, let's see how it works out. The end. 

Omg. This is sickening. You don't have children and you don't know any. I can see why.

Good bye.

What??? Are you okay? I don't know any children?? Umm.....yes, I most certainly do. You seem a little off. I think you should stop posting. Please don't respond to my comments. It's getting weird. 

What's weird is someone without children who knows nothing about raising them, seems to have a hatred and anger for them and others adults, giving advice to someone about raising children. 

I think you should stop doing that.

Any self respecting woman wants a better life for her kids and the children of others. Enough said.

Your comments are hateful, unfounded and insulting. You have been reported. This should not be tolerated on these boards. 

Lol. Back at ya, sistah.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for further commenting as it is becoming unkind