Honored Contributor

...anyone use them?  I have new walls in my bathroom.  I hesitate to put in any more nails than I already have.  I want to hang a wreath, and i thought about using the command strips.  I have visions of damage to my wall, any advice?  thanks!

Valued Contributor

I'll jump in here since no one has yet. I use the command hangers all the time, with no damage to the walls. I particularly like the two large nickel ones that I put in the bathroom to hook a towel on, or place a hanger with an outfit on it. They really Do. No Harm.!

Contributor

I have used them for years with absolutely no problem. Two years ago purchased the ones to hang Christmas lights outside on my porch railing and they were great too.  If your drywall was properly prepared and painted you shouldn't have a problem but if you are concerned try one elsewhere in a hidden spot (closet?) leave up for a week and then remove.  Be advised too that you really have to pull the sticky tab down firmly for it to release.

Respected Contributor

I use them.  Had 2 on the wall for several years and needed to move them.  Came off with no damage at all.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

I also use them and like them very much.  I mostly use for Christmas decorations.  I use them on my mantel to keep my garland from falling off.

Respected Contributor

Re: Command strips

[ Edited ]

Yes, I love them! The very first thing I did when I moved into my new apartment was place Command hooks by the front door for my keys. I have some in my shower to hold a mesh puff. I also have some in my bedroom holding up curtain rods.

In my last apartment, I'd had a Command hook by the front door for at least 8 years. It never fell off and when I moved out, it removed easily with no marks.

Do make sure you clean the surface and allow it to dry thoroughly, then place the strip and let it sit - overnight is good - before you hang any weight on the hook. The only time I've had hooks fall it was on a wall; I cleaned it with alcohol but did not allow it to dry enough before I stuck the hook on. 

Honored Contributor

I use them to hang garland on my mantle, it's great !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I used them on a smooth, painted wall and within hours all three pictures were on the floor.

I used them on a wallpapered wall and had no problem at all.  

They were the exact same hooks, the frames on the papered wall are way heavier than the frames on the painted wall.

Go figure!

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I will give them a try.  The walls were primed and painted after the skim coat went up so I will assume the hooks should work, but will do a test first just in case!

Respected Contributor

I use them in a closet. They stay up for about a year and then fall off. They do not leave a mark on the wall when they fall off.