Honored Contributor

Re: Coming Home To The Mountains:)

@on the bay 

As the great granddaughter of the master craftsman, I have roamed those halls for years taking the area's students to help them realize and appreciate what their ancestors helped with and appreciate what was in their back yard.

Some students had only heard the name.  By the time they left they were in awe!

Biltmore and the school system are the countie's largest employers.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

So neat! Your great grandfather helped design and build Biltmore?

I will check out that book!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

What a peaceful home retreat.  No matter how memorable the vacation, it is always a comfort to come home.  Nature never disappoints and the mountains are so soothing and serene. @ECBG enjoy your "land in the sky" and welcome home.

Frequent Contributor

I, too live here in these mountains and yes, there is something about them that calms my soul.  Hubby and I had season passes to Biltmore right up until his passing, we never missed going at Christmas.  When one leaves for a few days, and starts back home, seeing that sight in the distance, I know it's where I belong. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Being in the mountains are always a pleasure for my soul.  I love to visit the Smoky mountains but would love to see the mountains of North Carolina as they are on my bucket list.  I was truly green with envy but proud of you and your home also!  Hope you had a good vacation and thanks for sharing your view.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, beautiful pictures and I couldn't agree more with the thought that the mountains are such a comfort and serene place to call home. Hearts mini graphics

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

@ECBG, beautiful pictures and I couldn't agree more with the thought that the mountains are such a comfort and serene place to call home. Hearts mini graphics

@LIG1 

Growing up in the valley where we lived, I could see the cars on the Blue ridge Parkway just above me and very close.

I rode my strawberry roan horse up there many times.

How far away from Asheville are you?