Trusted Contributor

@Vivian

My Mom’s birthday is Sept 14th. Her father died on Sept 14th, 1986. Her mother died on Sept 14th, 1990. Her sister died on Sept 14th, 2009. We now take a roll call every Sept 15th to make sure everyone is still present & accounted for. What are the odds? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Coïncidences

[ Edited ]

In my family, it is rare to celebrate your birthday by yourself. 

I was born on my Aunt’s birthday.  She died on our birthday, years later. ( makes me nervous on my birthday) 

I have two sisters born on the same day 19 years apart.

My Maternal grandparents were born on the same day, one year apart.

My DIl and My FIL the same birthday...different years

Both of my sons share a birthday with a first cousin, different years 

My mother was born on Mother’s Day.

My brother and my fraternal grandfather ( same name)  died on the same day, different years.

My nephew is  getting married this July on my wedding  anniversary. ( he had no idea)

Many of my cousins have the same birthday..different years.

i have three friends who have the same birthday that I do,,same year too.  One friend was born in the same hospital.  He always says he slept with me before anyone else did.

Valued Contributor

@Vivian

Well, my husband had a heart attack on the same date that my father had died years before.

He was in extremely bad shape, but in my heart I knew that he had to survive -- because it was the anniversary of my dad's death.

Interestingly, as bad as it was and it was, everything went so smoothly (thanks, Daddy!)  that my husband, who had a 100% blockage, came home in a few days and went straight to the store to get a new grill.  He was so happy he would be off from his tension-packed, demanding job. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry but I'm a disbeliever. I just see these "coincidence" dates as dates on a calendar. I just think its presumptuous to believe these dates have meaning. JMO

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Vivian

I am not much of a believer in coincidences.  I've mentioned this here several times over the years about my maternal side of my family.

My grandfather died on February 14, 1943 Valentine's Day.

My grandmother died on February 14, 1956, 13 years later.

My mother died on February 14, 1969. All exactly 13 years apart.

Coincidence? I really don't know. That sadness is exactly the reason I decided to marry my wife on February 14, 2002. That event was not a coincidence, and it added some much needed happiness to my memories of Valentine's Day.

Yes, there have been other coincidences in my life, but none that have effected my life so profoundly.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

Too numerous to count.  It's true of everyone.  We have all have such coincidences in our lives.  I'll just tell one.  My dad and his father and his father's father all passed away on the same date; different years of course.  

Gee, if I were a male in your family, I'd be really nervous on that date, @chrystaltree

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett