Esteemed Contributor

We've had a few good discussions on other threads about drinks, recipes and pets, so as not to derail a thread,  we're going to start anew. For those of us who want to discuss any and everything.  Woman Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

What an expensive week!  Our dishwasher, dryer and hubby's car have bitten the dust. In addition to purchasing the appliances, we'll need to pay the propane company to install the dryer and a plumber to install the dishwasher.  

Honored Contributor

We've had some rain over the past two days or so!  Not a downpour, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it's been wet outside Smiley LOL

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Oh, and I tried a new recipe from my guy, Kevin: coleslaw with blue cheese dressing.  I lightened it up with lite mayo and lite sour cream instead of regular, and it was really good.

Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

We've had some rain over the past two days or so!  Not a downpour, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it's been wet outside Smiley LOL

You NEED the rain!  good...

Our July has been mostly rain, it's nice to see the sun today for a change.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

What an expensive week!  Our dishwasher, dryer and hubby's car have bitten the dust. In addition to purchasing the appliances, we'll need to pay the propane company to install the dryer and a plumber to install the dishwasher.  

I'm so sorry for saying this but your problems just made my day!!!  I have just gone through a period of one thing after another breaking and needing major repair or replacement but in light of a dishwasher, dryer and a car my woes became petty inconveniences.

Hope your cycle of things breaking is over (mine too please).

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Our weather has continued to be mild. I'm not complaining!  No horrible heat, so far.

MGM, I read that you had eye surgery, I hope all is well and that you've recovered.  I had my own problem with an eye, a little over a year ago, I was so lucky to completely recover.

Honored Contributor

Things breakding down DOES seem to go in cycles, I hate that.

Esteemed Contributor

MGM- I always happens that way, all at once. SMH- Sorry about that.

Noel, we got a lot of rain in a very short time period a few days ago. Some areas of the city don't have very good drainage, so we had flooded streets and stranded motorists. Smiley Sad

They should have called the sleep study, "Lets see how uncomfortable we can make you and then tell you to go to sleep" study!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Our weather has been unseasonably cool for July ... which is just fine with me as I don't really care for summer.   I've been in this reading mode ... you know how it is ... one book right after the other.