Esteemed Contributor

Marp, we've learned to laugh at stuff like this because we know there's a whole lot more worse out there.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Hi bette Smiley Happy

Some parts of the Bay Area flood easily, too.  I hope it's returned to normal for you.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

What an expensive week!  Our dishwasher, dryer and hubby's car have bitten the dust. In addition to purchasing the appliances, we'll need to pay the propane company to install the dryer and a plumber to install the dishwasher.  

I gave this post a sympathy heart

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Our weather has continued to be mild. I'm not complaining!  No horrible heat, so far.

MGM, I read that you had eye surgery, I hope all is well and that you've recovered.  I had my own problem with an eye, a little over a year ago, I was so lucky to completely recover.

Yep, last spring I had double cataract surgery.  

Contributor

Funny, it has been that kind of week here too!  My son's AC went and in getting a new one, we realized how desperately we really need replacement windows.  He also took the opportunity to show me how much he needs a new mattress, and wow he really does.  Oh well, I'll have to do what I have to do!!  A little less QVC shopping, a little more home improvements!

Esteemed Contributor

SoX,

I pre-ordered "Go Set a Watchman in book form...nothing like turning pages! 

Honored Contributor
I knew you could do it, MGM :-)

I won't be able to contribute properly until I get home.

Glad to see everyone checking in :-)
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@pl52 wrote:

Funny, it has been that kind of week here too!  My son's AC went and in getting a new one, we realized how desperately we really need replacement windows.  He also took the opportunity to show me how much he needs a new mattress, and wow he really does.  Oh well, I'll have to do what I have to do!!  A little less QVC shopping, a little more home improvements!

"Murphy's Law"

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know why I keep putting off having my eyes examined for new glasses ... I really need a change of frames to get with the program.  

I saw a pair of frames that were just what I wanted ... until I looked at the price ... sticker shock!

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
I knew you could do it, MGM :-)

I won't be able to contribute properly until I get home.

Glad to see everyone checking in :-)

Hurry home "Mom."