Honored Contributor

Re: CAUTION! CAUTION! CAUTION!

@PuppyLoverBob666  Nothing worse than falling! So sorry and glad to hear you will be alright. Last winter I slipped on unseen ice on my front steps.....fell all the way down on my back. SO SCARY. Now I am freaked out about falling.  I healed up thankfully....not good to fall👎♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 

Glad you weren't injured too bad. I am never on my feet without wearing footwear. Not good for the feet, and depending on the shape on one's feet! Not good for any of the joints, from the ankles on up to the neck.

Good PSA!

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I always wear shoes/sandals in the house (slippers or dedicated in -door shoes) that I know aren't slippery on our hardwood floors.  I agree with @PuppyLoverBob666 that it helps to remain limp as possible if you know you are going to fall.   Not always possible but seems to help avoid a more severe impact.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Image result for nervous cat gif

I love whenever that cat comes out!   Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666  I'm glad you aren't injured badly from your fall!  Socks are very dangerous, as are scatter rugs.

I fell down wooden steps to my garage due to socks slipping. And those steps were built over brick steps that I fractured my spine on. Usually I wear house shoes or Birkenstock's. 
  My son missed his last step and is in a boot for a month  due to possible broken toe, and fractures. 
    I have slipper socks that have treads, much better than regular socks on slippery floors and steps. 
 🧦💥=👟 👞🥿🩴!

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Image result for nervous cat gif

I love whenever that cat comes out!   Heart

those sneaky little critters sure like to jump out at you, or be in front of you, right where you were going to plant your foot!

=^..^=

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I am so glad your ok.  I slipped on my last few steps a few weeks ago with an arm full of laundry.  I wasnt wearing socks, but my heal slipped and down I went.  Never touched the last 5 steps, but sure did hit the wall hard...ouch!

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666  I'm glad you aren't injured badly from your fall!  Socks are very dangerous, as are scatter rugs.

I fell down wooden steps to my garage due to socks slipping. And those steps were built over brick steps that I fractured my spine on. Usually I wear house shoes or Birkenstock's. 
  My son missed his last step and is in a boot for a month  due to possible broken toe, and fractures. 
    I have slipper socks that have treads, much better than regular socks on slippery floors and steps. 
 🧦💥=👟 👞🥿🩴!

I've found shoes like the blue pair in the pics above are also often dangerous.  I wore a pair the other day that I hadn't worn in quite awhile.  I went outside to bring the garbage bin back to the house before leaving for my event and slipped a couple of times on the concrete.  On the way back  to the house with the bin I slipped again and noticed I had stepped on a small twig which was what was causing me to slip.  Ths were old, well-worn shoe.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Love this cat pic!!

happy-tuesday-gif-animated
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

That picture is a riot!!!

Looks like my cat when he's been caught doing something BAAAD!!1