Honored Contributor

Endings to friendships, love, caring and giving a hand to someone you know for years is always bittersweet @lolakimono

Our friend returned over the weekend with signed lease in hand so we knew it would be just a matter of days before he packed up and moved out. That just happened. Filled the rental truck and drove away. Driving to Lansing, will stay over night, be back tomorrow he said to get another load, maybe one more after that on Thursday. Then that's it. I've no idea how or when the final good-bye with both DH and me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bittersweet For Sure

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD

I am so sorry. Don’t know your circumstances, but sounds sad.

What I thought was my BFF & I, similar situation.  Lived with us for many months due to circumstances not entirely of her making.  We provided, shelter, food, car, etc and much loving care for her & her 6 pets.

One day she came in the door shouting at us, grabbed possessions and left.  After > 20 years of close friendship - gone. No word in 5 or 6 years.

A sad shock.

Wish you well.

*** edited for missing word.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

My neighbor from 50 years ago found me on FB!

Maybe this isn't the end.......

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Endings to friendships, love, caring and giving a hand to someone you know for years is always bittersweet @lolakimono

Our friend returned over the weekend with signed lease in hand so we knew it would be just a matter of days before he packed up and moved out. That just happened. Filled the rental truck and drove away. Driving to Lansing, will stay over night, be back tomorrow he said to get another load, maybe one more after that on Thursday. Then that's it. I've no idea how or when the final good-bye with both DH and me.

If you are good friends you will continue to stay in touch and remain friends. Distance doesn't have to mean the end of a friendship.

Esteemed Contributor

Don’t know the whole situation but it seems to be hard and a very sad thing. I am sorry. ❤️

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

Bittersweet for sure!

You can get your house back now though, and my guess is that you haven't heard the last of him.

Honored Contributor

I really hope not @lolakimono I do not want us to not be in touch. And I must laugh, his car is still here so you bet he'll be back!

Honored Contributor

This is what I love about most all here @godi. Many times total strangers mean the most when someone needs them the most, a kind word, a thought, a prayer.

Thank you Ms Digo (I hope my 'Ms' is okay).

Honored Contributor

These situations just kill us inside sometimes, most times @Drythe. I hear you and feel your pain. Thank you for your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn Yes I truly believe this as well. Our friend just needs to be able to see and feel betterment in his own life. Staying here wasn't getting that accomplished for him. He's on his way to many things that he so loves. He'll be fine and so will we. We won't lose touch, he'll be back periodically I'm sure.