Honored Contributor

Re: Birthday Present Suggestions

[ Edited ]

She sounds like one of my DILs...we have started making donations to a nonprofit she seems to really feel close to...they work with disabled adults by modifying their homes to make them more accessible....we send a check and she gets a nice letter acknowledging a gift was made in her honor. She loved it the first time we did it for her birthday and she asked if we would do the same for Christmas. The letter she gets does not say the amount of the gift, so you may donate as much or as little as you want, but we feel this was a great solution to our gift-giving dilemma. You can ask if she has an interest in any nonprofits or if her company supports or sponsors one.

Super Contributor

Maybe a nice blanket/throw for her? Nordstrom has some nice ones in various prices. The Kennnebunk May be on sale.
Respected Contributor

I'm not sure why their financial situation was part of your post. People who can afford things still enjoy receiving a considerate gift! Many people have cleaning ladies!

You could get her a Louis Vuitton key ring (they are $125). You could also get her a monogrammed gym bag. I always like to give a personal gift!

Honored Contributor

I’d get her a lululemon gift certificate. Since you know she shops there, she’ll enjoy spending it!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I’d get her a lululemon gift certificate. Since you know she shops there, she’ll enjoy spending it!

That's what I was thinking @handygal2.