Honored Contributor

Gotta a beer with that pizza crust and sardine can? #ChairWorkout

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Scottish Terriers Latest News, Photos and Videos | POPSUGAR Pets

Honored Contributor

Sir Hollywood surfs during the 4th annual Surf City Surf Dog competition at Huntington Beach in California on September 30, 2012. Some 46 dogs took part in the event, watched by 1,500 spectators. Photo: Joe Klamar, AFP/Getty Images / SF

Honored Contributor

Best Happy FRiday Quotes

Honored Contributor

@possummink  What you described in Iowa and Missouri is exactly why I fear wind.  I can take just about anything weatherwise except for high winds, then my nerves get shot and I start pacing.

It's hard to say with Gerry's burrow behind the shrub - the dirt looks the same all of the time.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink  What you described in Iowa and Missouri is exactly why I fear wind.  I can take just about anything weatherwise except for high winds, then my nerves get shot and I start pacing.

It's hard to say with Gerry's burrow behind the shrub - the dirt looks the same all of the time.  

Flowers illustration

Bernie,   I have the same reaction when I see red on the weather map and it's in our area of that map.  I can almost feel my blood pressure starting to rocket upwards.   I am terrified of wind storms and hate hail storms too.   Thank goodness for the basement, not that it is a cozy place, far from it.   It's cluttered with my brother's unused, now, big tools like radial arm saw, drill presses, lathes,  etc.  It's a safe place though and I've spent many storms down there along with my storm bucket and my pets   

My storm bucket is a plastic kitty litter bucket with a lid that I put my purse, medications, reading glasses,  insurance cards, $$ etc.,  in when I think there might be severe weather.  I set it by the basement door where it's easy to grab and put down in the basement too.   Guess I am paranoid when it comes to wind storms,  hail and ice storms.  

Honored Contributor