Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@Mz iMac NYS - Keep your feathers cool............$300 quarterly - not per year.

@fthunt 

Lucky you. My homeowners is now up to $2,700 and change a year. Every year it climbs. In fact it comes due in Dec and I just paid half for the first 6 months a few days ago. 

OY VEY!!!!!!!!! Crazy expensive. Where does all that money go?????

@

$315 of that is the umbrella.

Honored Contributor

That much for a license plate sticker?  Yikes.  Yes, life is expensive.

Contributor

and...  this is why I rent.   sounds like you live in a $$$ state.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What caught my eye was a roll of stamps ..... don't you pay your bills online?   I bought a sheet of Forever stamps last year, and I still have half left.  Most were used for birthday cards.   Stamps got expensive and paying online is free.   JMO

@Tinkrbl44, I think I buy stamps once a year, the small book of 20 and I'm good to go!

I can't even begin to imagine how much we saved in postage since I started paying the bills through the bank bill pay service.

I've been paying my bills thru Chase on-line for many, many years. Never had a problem.

Many seniors like to pay bills with checks and deal with tellers at the bank. We do not trust online banking. Plus think about all the jobs it eliminates. Ive known my bank teller for 25 years. I would hate to lose that relationship and deal with a cold impersonal computer.