No dental insurance = paid $400 this week plus 2 prior visits $$

Spring Lawn treatment - changing companies but will be $350 my guess

Fall clean-up paid $250

Utility month bill - $194

Next month - car & house insurance - $300

And...........on it goes

Bills for rental property - gulp = Enough

Sometimes feel like a money clearing house 

I'm a senior without dental insurance as the premiums are too high. I found a GREAT Dental Office right near my house - and they give a 5% discount for not having dental insurance or being a senior." And - their prices are very reasonable - and it's one of the best dental offices I've ever been to. Are u getting a discount for not having dental insurance --- are u happy with how they take care of ur teeth? If not, u may want to check Yelp - and ask friends/relatives about their dentists. They all charge different prices. Many dentists are incompetent or they tell u that u need work - when u don't. I saw tv programs about this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Obviously, a number of those expenses were absolutely required.  But maybe a few were avoidable?  I mail so few things that I have Forever stamps I purchased 5 or 6 years ago.

I pay all my bills on-line. FREE

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bills, Bills, Bills

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Mz iMac : Took second look $300 car and house insurance?  I don't have a car. DH has the car and he is responsible for the insurance and not sure what he pays. We tried to bundle the car and house insurance but DH always had issues.  To much to deal with now but will be searching for another agency.

I have an insurance agent - and have auto and home insurance together. Get quotes on-line. My agent's office is 20 minutes away.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@Mz iMac NYS - Keep your feathers cool............$300 quarterly - not per year.

@fthunt 

Lucky you. My homeowners is now up to $2,700 and change a year. Every year it climbs. In fact it comes due in Dec and I just paid half for the first 6 months a few days ago. 

OY VEY!!!!!!!!! Crazy expensive. Where does all that money go?????

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What caught my eye was a roll of stamps ..... don't you pay your bills online?   I bought a sheet of Forever stamps last year, and I still have half left.  Most were used for birthday cards.   Stamps got expensive and paying online is free.   JMO

@Tinkrbl44, I think I buy stamps once a year, the small book of 20 and I'm good to go!

I can't even begin to imagine how much we saved in postage since I started paying the bills through the bank bill pay service.

I've been paying my bills thru Chase on-line for many, many years. Never had a problem.

Respected Contributor

I cringe when December rolls around.  Our car insurance is due, it's my sister's and good friends birthdays, our annual dues for our vacation club comes due and then there's Christmas and all the unexpected expenses....always something.

Respected Contributor

Most of us pay our bills on line. But stamps are needed for other uses. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still mail out Christmas cards, birthday cards, Valentine cards, and even a few St. Patrick's day cards. And unfortunately every so often I need to send a sympathy or a get well card. Also I send hank you notes. I do not use eCards or emails to reach out. Stamps won't put me in the poor house and I think most people appreciate a handwritten note on a card. 

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@Mz iMac NYS - Keep your feathers cool............$300 quarterly - not per year.

@fthunt I only wish!  It's our monthly payment.

I only wish our home/auto insurance was $300 a month. I pay WAY more than that.😢😢😢

I need to move--for more reasons than one.

Esteemed Contributor

Plates are expensive.  Wow.  

Honored Contributor

We do not pay bills on line. Buy "forever" stamps at Costco. Sometimes the cost of dental ins. is overcome by the cost of the things done.

Sometimes you have to sit down w/a calculator and figure out a budget.

When Mom moved into a retirement community she had no idea what her monthly expenses were.

I may sound self-righteous and don't mean to be. Also expenses vary depending what part of the country you live in.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man