Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@ECBG  O.M.G- so very true!! I have tried knocking myself out with melatonin, magnesium, potassium, lemon balm, ashwagandha, benadryl, hot milk, a shot of brandy and about a 1000 other things. Ann Landers long ago wrote a wonderful book on insomnia that really helped me at the time. I wish I could remember the name of it, and more importantly the method she recommended. It had something to do with accepting that for those of us who have a battle with sleep, we need to recognize that eventually, sleep wins. 

@furbabylover 

I found these.

Dear Ann Landers : Our Intimate And Changing Dialgue With America's Best-Loved Confidante By David I. Grossvogel - Used (Good) - 0809246759 By Mcgraw-

Ann Landers Book | Color: Blue/White | Size: Os

Ann Landers In Her Own Words : Personal Letters To Her Daughter By Margo Howard - New - 0446695041 By Grand Central Publishing | Thriftbooks.Com

See the source image

Valued Contributor

@ECBG  Oh, that is so nice of you to post those photos of Ann Lander's books.!! Thank you. For some reason the book I am thinking of was devoted entirely to the subject of insomnia. The copy I had was a small, thin paperback. You've given me the incentive to go searching. Thanks again!!

Honored Contributor

My alarm goes off at 3:00am, so no, my brain says something else....like....didn't I just go to bed?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes been there a lot! 

Respected Contributor

Ann Landers fan here!  I actually got to meet her and get an autograph when she was a guest speaker at an event my hubby and I attended years ago.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Rare for me.  I'm usually a good sound sleeper.

I also don't have to set an alarm.  I wake up at 5:00 am.

Respected Contributor

Sleep issues are just horrible.  Mine are exacerbated by the time change and all of the stress we are having right now.  

Some other issues too.  Hope we can all find a remedy that will help us sleep......🙏🙏🤞🤞

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

YES!

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  Same for me!  E-V-E-R-Y night at 4:15 a.m.-ish I wake up. WHY?!?!  I have tried going to bed earlier, later, and everything else you can think of.  Nothing works. So I toss and turn for another hour and a half until the alarm goes off.  So frustrating!

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio GalShow off!  Sheesh!  😉😃