Honored Contributor

@Kleo wrote:

Thanks everyone.  It just seems like a sensible thing to do but wondered if it would be out of my age bracket.  Guess now I have to go look to buy a backpack.

Nothing really ever is.  8)

Trusted Contributor

On Shawn Killinger's facebook page she was using a backpack.  It appeared to be a canvas or heavy cotton. Does anyone know where this style can be purchased?. It would be so much lighter then a leather backpack. Unfortunately Shawn does not answer some questions asked of her. Appreciate all of you. Friends on board always want to help each otherMany thanks

Honored Contributor

If anyone wanted anything out of our backpack, they'd be really unhappy..  We carry our pads, for sitting on the curb for the parades, shoes, water, food, and nothing that would amount to a hill of beans..  plus they'd have to dig deep and that would pull on hubby's back.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@engineer wrote:

On Shawn Killinger's facebook page she was using a backpack.  It appeared to be a canvas or heavy cotton. Does anyone know where this style can be purchased?. It would be so much lighter then a leather backpack. Unfortunately Shawn does not answer some questions asked of her. Appreciate all of you. Friends on board always want to help each otherMany thanks

Why ever wait for a host, or the general audience of Q posters, to answer?

Just go to Amazon.com and search for canvas backpacks; also, twill backpacks.

Then, filter by 'Avg. Customer Review' (& anything else you want) on the lower left side. 

Easy.  8-)

Trusted Contributor

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to help me. Unfortunately. not able to find this particular style. Did not appear to be heavy. A sincere thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Love my backpack, it has a locked zipper on the outside and the 2 zippers close to my body have the click carabiners on them.  Both straps are anti-cut, made of canvas.

Mine came from e-bags.  Spoiler alert - nope, you won't see  haute Europeans wearing this, but it is very serviceable. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

There is no age limit;  you see tons of adults sporting back packs at amusement parks.  Actually, everywhere you go.       Although, personally I wouldn't be caught dead with a back pack unless I was travelling and the backpack was in lieu of a suitcase.