Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015 experiment

Jim has been seeing a commercial for wild salmon at Long John Silver's and we thought that sounded good and that we'd give it a try. Big mistake:

Spoiler

First of all the 'enter' sign did not allow one to go through the drive through, but we drove up to the window anyway and asked where the menu was and were told that it was 'thataway' and we'd come in wrong. Apparently one has to go in through a totally different entrance not marked so we backed up and headed 'thataway' and finally discovered the menu marquee and found something we thought sounded sorta good and ordered it and when we ordered our sides we were told that they no longer had that particular side so Jim said we'd just go elsewhere. Not being able to get out of the car presents some problems when it comes to eating so we thought we'd go to Whataburger and our eyesight is so poor neither of us could adequately read the menu and could only order the items that were in foot high pictures, but the print was so small we were flying by the seat of our pants. Anyway, Jim got what he wanted and I got what I could see, but as it turns out not what I wanted, but they did have good onion rings so they were good. There was no shade at Whataburger, but McDonald's close by had inviting trees so we headed there and ate our Whataburger sandwiches in the McDonald's parking lot and watch big rigs park at the Love's station next door.........'don't' take much to entertain us these days!:

Oh Sue - your humor is exactly what I needed during this transition to the new forum.

I'm so glad everyone is finding the Back Fence. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

glad it  helped BernieSmiley Happy;

while trying to edit my first post I somehow  managed to post the same thing twice and now I can't eliminate the duplicate, but hopefully I'll figure all this out in time. sorry for the repeat.

Trusted Contributor

So much for my self editing. I meant post and I meant spoiler referring to Queens post
Trusted Contributor

Just checking in to see if we were still here and we are. Now all we need do is convince people to post.
Honored Contributor

The thread is still here and that's a good sign.  Well, I don't see emoties anymore, so maybe that's not a good sign (lol).

I think it's a work in progress.

Trusted Contributor

I finally saw notifications and that I had two hearts. I guess they've been hiding at the top of the page all along. I can't get my print bigger even tho I marked it extra large. I can manipulate mine but I don't know if othes can
Honored Contributor

Yock, here is the weird thing about the forum that is stumping me.

At work, using a desktop that runs windows seven (not sure of the version of Internet Explorer), the area to post looks normal.  I have a tool bar above this text box which allows me to select font family and font size.  I don't know if this font family and font size has to be specified per individual post.  Right now I seem to be working with the default font size and family.  I am going to experiment and change my font family and font size in my next post and see what it looks like.  I will then post again and see if I kept the font family and size or if it defaults to the standard.

Original test - default font family and size.

Honored Contributor

Okay, now this is Font Family - Arial and Font Size 3.  I didn't do anything fancy with the color. 

I got off track in my last post.  When I post using a work computer, it's less cluttered.

When I post at home, using a windows 7 desktop (again can't remember the version of internet explorer), I don't get a clean toolbar that allows for bold text, italics, font family and font size.  Instead I get a box of options above an clean open text box.

This was test 2 changing font family and font size.

Honored Contributor

Well, this stinks to the high heavens.  in this post, the mini font family and font size is back.

I wish we could specify a new default font family and font size so each post we write was a consistent size.

Test 3 - checking to see if font family and size from test 2 remained.

Alas it did not - this is why my eyeballs hurt like I got popped in the face.

Honored Contributor

REMINDER:

This is the back fence for June 2015.