Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015 experiment

Freddie - you are good at this - you figured out the  spoliers Man Tongue

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I think I am going to like the Spoiler - unless they boot me somewhere along the line. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Winifred, I so agree re walking of dog in such heat.  Not only their feet, but their tongues are dragging on the ground as they are panting so hard to stay cool, and especially the joggers are annoying re their dogs in such heat.

My girl pup looks for a cushion to relieve herself, such as ground cover in areas removed from the dirt path since the lawn died years ago.

It is so hot and humid here.  I did manage to divide and pot thirty Irises, but stayed mostly in the shade while doing it, as I can't stand to be in the sun when it is this hot.  I have a fan on at night in the bedroom, and a fan on in the kitchen while I am there.  Having a ceiling fan installed over the island during the remodeling was the best thing I did for myself, as I can stay pretty cool while cooking.

Try to stay cool.

Trusted Contributor

I get irritated with people who run their dogs while they are on bicycles. Last year this couple ran their very overweight dog. He lost lots of lbs. they did ride rather slowly but it still looked like he was running hard. haven't seen them this year but wonder if he is still with us.
Looks like we are in for one more beautiful day
Our Three Rivers Festival starts in another week. They had to cancel boat rides and the raft race because of the strong river currents and all the debri from the storm. Too bad as these were very popular money makers
We recently had three kayak riders try to navigate those waters they rescued two but lost one. They wore no life vests. Now where is that spoiler button

Regular Contributor

I couldn't find a July Back Fence so I started one and here's the site in case any one comes by; hope to see everyone there for our 4th celebration!

Happy 4th of July all! Sue

Honored Contributor

Sue, there is a Back Fence for July.  I am sorry that you couldn't find it.  Here's the link - we've been missing you :-)

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/July-2015-Back-Fence/td-p/1914273

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise