Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence September 2021

hello all

birdmama, this morn about 620am loud BOOMS BEGAN HAPPENING, HOUSE SHOOK, several booms in succession. At first I thought Aberdeen proving ground is not far from us, this is a huge Army base that test artillery, i thought the army was doing testing. It is rare but we do feel it sometimes when the army tests something unusually huge.

facebook lit up like a christmas tree,what was going on, what was happening and so on. I chimmed in, it may be the army base, but people were saying they heard the police and loud speakers and so on before the loud explosive boomings. 

finally found out this afternoon, the housing development just on other side of trees, these are massive homes, beautiful, very expensive homes , i guess someone went bananas. the police were called in, when this all began that i do not know,but police called in, one thing led to another and police used explosive concussion grenades to gain entrance to the house, guess quite a bit of the front part of the house was blown off . did this person have hostages, that i don't know. 

this was my day. not much else. have to get dinner on table. later guys.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

sheet day, have all bedding and other laundry outside on line.

got more  humid, have house still opened up yet,

not much else, later guys did get morn walk in too.

Honored Contributor

Holy Moses @viva923   I just read your post from yesterday afternoon Woman Surprised  Our society is coming apart at the seams.  Folks just don't know how to behave anymore and it feels like we're going back to the wild wild west.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

dh had his doctor check with his knee doctor. he got another gel shot in the knee this morn, doctor is putting into a medicare a request for some kind of special shot for the knee. i golly i forgot the name of this shot for the knee. doctor also told him he has to wear a sleeve strap around his knee. arthritis of the knee.

did do my normal chores, did  my walk, have clothes to fold. did not hang out today, don't know if rain is around the area. it is quite windy but very humid.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

birdmama, this morn about 620am loud BOOMS BEGAN HAPPENING, HOUSE SHOOK, several booms in succession. At first I thought Aberdeen proving ground is not far from us, this is a huge Army base that test artillery, i thought the army was doing testing. It is rare but we do feel it sometimes when the army tests something unusually huge.

facebook lit up like a christmas tree,what was going on, what was happening and so on. I chimmed in, it may be the army base, but people were saying they heard the police and loud speakers and so on before the loud explosive boomings. 

finally found out this afternoon, the housing development just on other side of trees, these are massive homes, beautiful, very expensive homes , i guess someone went bananas. the police were called in, when this all began that i do not know,but police called in, one thing led to another and police used explosive concussion grenades to gain entrance to the house, guess quite a bit of the front part of the house was blown off . did this person have hostages, that i don't know. 

this was my day. not much else. have to get dinner on table. later guys.

@viva923 

Geez, V, these people make your neighborhood sound tame! 😱

Honored Contributor

I hope the shot in your husband's knee helps him @viva923   I think the strap/brace around his knee is a fantastic thing to give him some stability.

Honored Contributor

good morn all

interesting 2 stories are in gather of the harvest, if you want to read them. to long to rewrite them.

super heavy duty rain for me, lighting too. turned off air because of lightning.

my walk was cut way short, knew front was close and i would not make it around.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

I found one of the threads @viva923  and when I saw machete I just went Woman Surprised  You got some lulu's in the neighborhood.  Then again don't we all.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

did chores

did walk

hung out large load of clothes,

ran to grocery store quickly

came home doing a small load of clothes,ready to come out and hang out real quick here

birdmama, these 2 characters are real nimnils. the girl is the daughter of the owner of the house and heavy into drug user, she'll try anything to make a score, the guy, audrey was telling me was a huge big numnut LOSER, but she is his girlfriend. 

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, the skies outside my window are gray and gloomy.  We're in for some more rain this morning.  Yesterday sure was pretty, we had sunshine and blue skies.  Thursday night I had my LG smart 42 inch TV (circa 2013) on and I wanted to finish listening to a podcast on my laptop so I turned off the TV which had been working all day.

I wanted to catch the X-Files on COMET TV (I get my TV via antenna) at 10 pm and when I finished the podcast I hit the clicker to start the TV.  The LG logo came on, I saw a flash of a face and the TV went dark.  It took me a few times doing this to remember that I first turned the volume down on the TV before I shut it off to focus on the podcast on the laptop.

Long story short, I had audio and no picture.  Short ot consulting with a professional TV repair person I did everything recommended on multiple youtube videos and even unplugged the thing overnight to see if the TV would reset.  That thing was still half dead yesterday morning.

It was never my intention to get a smart TV back in 2013.  It happened to be end of model year clearance and was a great price for what I felt was a big flat screen TV (my first).  I moved the 28 inch TV out of the office into the family room and it looks funny - I'm used to a bigger tv.

The way they make the stand or feet of the TV is different and so I ordered a new TV stand that I liked from Sauder.  I need a new stand before I get a new TV cuz the current stand ain't wide enough.  I'll tell you what this time around I'm trying a Best Buy brand (Insignia) that is not smart.