Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence - September 2018

@Bird mama wrote:

Freddie @Winifred  are you telling me that for all of this time (has to be more than 6 months) the doctors suspect cancer and because they can't make up their mind about it, you are just hanging out there on a limb without any kind of treatment?  Has the suspicious area gotten bigger or moved?  

This is why I can't stand 'medicine'.  We develop all of this technology and nobody knows anything. Woman Mad

@Bird mama  I used to know a woman somewhat in the medical field, and she said to me, "they don't know anything."  I always research because I do not trust what a doctor tells me without my doing research.

Respected Contributor

They cannot get enough tissue to test - the area in the lungs you have to turn a corner to get to it and a wire is used and it has been difficult to get a sample - they have kept trying.

Ricky and I just fed Ditty - pretty chilly out there. We know  - in a couple hours we will probably be sweating. LOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well @Winifred  Freddie, since you explained how they were going at it I guess I could see how a guided wire could be tricky given the shape of the human lung.  

I don't want you to hurt.  I don't want you to keep having to be knocked out for these doctors to do the same thing that didn't work 3 times before, especially when they had an alternative (needle biopsy).

What really gets my goat about medicine is that they tell people - be proactive, prevention is the key.  Then when you find a knot or something that ain't right, they take their good old sweet time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Well @Winifred  Freddie, since you explained how they were going at it I guess I could see how a guided wire could be tricky given the shape of the human lung.  

I don't want you to hurt.  I don't want you to keep having to be knocked out for these doctors to do the same thing that didn't work 3 times before, especially when they had an alternative (needle biopsy).

What really gets my goat about medicine is that they tell people - be proactive, prevention is the key.  Then when you find a knot or something that ain't right, they take their good old sweet time.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mamaIs the weather bad in your area?

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway  To me it's bad because it continues to be really hot and really humid.  I lucked out and didn't get hit with any bad rainstorms.

Honored Contributor

Hey Freddie @Winifred  did the kids get off to school okay?  We're gonna have another hot day here - mid 90's with high humidity.  It's the humidity that is killer.  I mentioned in another thread that I have soy milk, 2 protein shakes, apple sauce, a bottle of gingerale and condiments in my fridge.  I thought about doing the grocery shopping yesterday and it was like a steamy oven out there and there was no way I was putting a bra on - even if I was going to travel to the store in an A/C car.  Instead I ate a can of Campbells pork and beans for lunch and felt satisfied.  

Maybe today it will be a mixture of canned carrots and canned diced potatoes.  

Starting tomorrow, the next week should be mid to upper 70's.  I'll go grocery shopping tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

First time out since surgery. It will get easier with time. See my primary doc. Tomorrow,then P.T. Will be here the next day. BOY,all these men just waiting to get to see me 😅😀

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@VenturaHighway  To me it's bad because it continues to be really hot and really humid.  I lucked out and didn't get hit with any bad rainstorms.

@Bird mamaThat was why I was concerned because there was some really bad storms yesterday. Glad you missed it but yes the heat is bad too.

Honored Contributor

Wow, just realized I haven't been here for a couple of days.  It cooled down here and is down right chilly (Hallelujah) Woman LOL

I'm leaving hot coffee, some hot water and tea bags and a collection of panera bagels.  Cream cheese is over there by the coffee Woman Wink

Image result for panera bagels